The EDAB-FENS Brain Awareness Week (BAW) Excellence Award
Recognizing the outstanding presentation of a BAW public outreach programme in the past two years by an organisation such as a hospital, university, national society or NGO.
Sponsored by the Dana Alliance, in collaboration with FENS. Prize money: 2,000 €
The proposed organisations must be located in Europe and the BAW public outreach programs must have been conducted in Europe. Candidates may be proposed by members of the scientific community or the general public.
The designated representative of the selected organisation is required to be present at the Awards Inaugural Ceremony (July 4, 2016) at the FENS Forum 2016 (Copenhagen, Denmark). Registration, transportation (economy air or ground), to the FENS Forum and two nights hotel accommodation will be provided to the representative of the organisation receiving the BAW Excellence Award.
- The following information is required, when submitting a proposal:
- - Contact information for the organisation (name, address, website)
- - A summary of the BAW public outreach programme (2015 or 2016) including: description of activities; audiences reached; results achieved; any unique approaches used to present the programmes (maximum 750 words)
- - Two letters of recommendation supporting the nomination
- - Any additional documentation of nominee’s efforts which could include: materials; publications; Website; photos from events
- - Contact information for the proposer
The call for nominations is closed
The Award Committee appointed by the Dana Foundation/EDAB and FENS includes:
- - Carlos Belmonte, Member of EDAB Executive Committee
- - Colin Blakemore, EDAB Vice-Chairman
- - Monica Di Luca, FENS President
- - Marian Joëls, FENS Past-President
- - Malgorzata Kossut, Member of EDAB Executive Committee and FENS Communication Committee member
- - Pierre Magistretti, IBRO President and EDAB Vice-Chairman
The Award Committee is responsible for evaluating the submitted proposals and selecting The EDAB-FENS BAW Excellence Award.
Download the pdf version of the Call for Proposals