The Dana/EDAB Neuroscience Outreach Champion
Rewarding an individual who has significantly contributed to the promotion of brain awareness, through continued public outreach efforts for a period of three or more years.
- also known as
- The David and Hillie Mahoney Award For an Individual’s Contribution to Outreach
Sponsored by the Dana Alliance, in collaboration with FENS. Prize money: 2,000 €
This is an open nomination which can be made by a member of the public or scientific community.
Nominees may be a member of the scientific community or the general public, acting as an individual or on behalf of an organisation, whose outreach efforts took place in Europe for European audiences.
The award winner is required to be present at the Awards Inaugural Ceremony (July 4, 2016) at the FENS Forum 2016 (Copenhagen, Denmark). Registration, transportation (economy air or ground), to the FENS Forum and two nights hotel accommodation will be provided to the Champion Award recipient.
The Dana/EDAB Outreach Champion will serve as member of the Award Committee in the next two Call for Nominations (2018 and 2020).
The following information is required, when submitting a proposal:
The Award Committee appointed by the Dana Foundation/EDAB and FENS includes:
- - Carlos Belmonte, Member of EDAB Executive Committee
- - Colin Blakemore, EDAB Vice-Chairman
- - Monica Di Luca, FENS President
- - Marian Joëls, FENS Past-President
- - Malgorzata Kossut, Member of EDAB Executive Committee and FENS Communication Committee member
- - Pierre Magistretti, IBRO President and EDAB Vice-Chairman
The Award Committee is responsible for evaluating submitted nominations and selecting The Dana/EDAB Neuroscience Outreach Champion.
Download the pdf version of the Call for Nominations