CNS2018 12 March 2018 | Mental Plasticity & Development
March 12th, 2018
Neuroscience / Cognitive Science,
About the Event
Registration is now open for the 30th Cambridge Neuroscience Seminar, which will be held on Monday, 12th March 2018 at Robinson College, where it is being hosted by the Department of Psychology.
Please note that if you as an LGR would like to attend, you will be able to do so at the internal Cambridge rate (just get in touch). If you have more than 5 people attending from your institution, please let me know and we will be able to apply a generous discount.
The theme for this year is “CNS 2018: Mental Plasticity and Development” . This year will focus on areas of research that highlight the interdisciplinary nature of the Psychology Department here at Cambridge, with sessions covering neural architectures and plasticity mechanisms that enable the development of knowledge, memory and skill acquisition.
Tickets normally sell out quickly so submit an abstract, reserve your space and take the opportunity to see a stellar line up of speakers. Registration is subsidised and external PhD registration is reduced by 20% from last year.
10 Reasons to attend ‘Mental Plasticity & Development’
- Present your latest research with a poster – 2 generous prizes of £200 each (PhD, Early career)
- Showcase your research at the data blitz (selected abstracts only)
- Learn from internationally renowned researchers including these invited speakers
- Listen to Plenary Lectures from Professors Essi Viding (UCL) and Matthew Botvinick (DeepMind)
- Understand the current state of research and the challenges to future discovery during 4 interdisciplinary sessions
- Meet and Network with your peers, international colleagues, experts and influencers
- Visit the exhibition of leading-edge, commercial technology
- Socialise with fellow neuroscientists during dinner at Robinson College, Cambridge
- Enjoy Paul Fletcher’s public lecture on Psychosis as part of the Science Festival
- Invest in yourself!
Register now for this exciting conference right on your doorstep!