CARE: Committee on Animals in Research
The Committee on Animals in Research (CARE) advises FENS on the responsible use of animals in neuroscience research. It supports the development of resources on animals in research for FENS and promotes the public education in matters related to the use of animals in neuroscience.
CARE in a nutshell
- - reflects the overall policy of FENS in supporting the appropriate and responsible use of animals in neuroscience research
- - provides expert advice
- - promotes public education
- - monitors the development of EU legislation
- - contributes to the implementation of the new EU Directive
- - works very closely with the national CARE liaisons of the member societies of FENS
- - contrasts groups attempting to end use of animals in research
- - provides support to researchers under attack
- - responds to media when research is questioned
- - promotes and coordinates the critical discussion on the use of animals in science at all schools of FENS
CARE Policy Positions
See more on policy positions here.
FENS is member of the European Animal Research Association (EARA), a communication and advocacy organisation whose mission is to uphold the interests of basic and biomedical research and healthcare development across Europe, and to provide clear information to the public. Access the full media release.
The Joint Research Centre's European Union Reference Laboratory for Alternative to Animal Testing (EURL ECVAM) is conducting a public survey to accelerate the progress in the Replacement, Reduction and Refinement of animal testing through better knowledge sharing. Click here to access the full announcement.
Watch the Pro-Test Italia video on NHPs research with Prof. Roberto Caminiti.
For enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org