FENS-Kavli Network of Excellence
Shaping the future of neuroscience in Europe and beyond
Call for Nominations: FENS-KAVLI Scholars (2016-2020)
The FENS-KAVLI Network of Excellence is a prestigious network of 30 outstanding young European neuroscientists who represent the most talented researchers among their peers.
In collaboration with the Kavli Foundation, the Federation of European Neuroscience Societies (FENS) established in 2014 a high-level multidisciplinary network of excellent early to mid-career European neuroscientists. The aim of the FENS-Kavli Network is to improve neuroscience in Europe and beyond through providing opportunities for young scientists, influencing science policy, and facilitating the exchange between science and society.
- Check here the activities of the FENS-KAVLI Network of Excellence
We are aiming for:
- Neuroscientists at early and mid-term stages of their careers with successful and independent research lines - as evidenced by outstanding publications as main authors - who have won prestigious personal prizes, fellowships, grants (e.g. ERC grants or comparable national grants) and lead their own group;
- - Neuroscientists who typically completed their PhD work 4-12 years ago (though there is no strict timing rule);
- - Neuroscientists with excellent communication skills who are motivated to invest time for the benefit of the European Neuroscience community and/or disseminating neuroscience to the lay public. Download here the detailed description of the Call for Nominations.
- Nominees will be informed about the outcome of the selection procedure just before the FENS Forum 2016 (Copenhagen, 2-6 July). The newly selected FENS-KAVLI Scholars are kindly invited to attend the business meeting of the FENS-KAVLI Network of Excellence taking place during the FENS Forum 2016 (5 July, 3-5 pm).
For enquiries, please contact:firstname.lastname@example.org