.: About the Network of European Neuroscience Schools (NENS)
The Network of European Neuroscience Schools
In Europe, Neuroscience education at the graduate level is characterised by its broad spectrum of specialised areas as well as by a rich diversity of research fields. In addition to schools and programmes that focus on the entire neuroscience field and therefore have a broader spectrum, some institutions focus on concrete fields within neuroscience such as molecular, cellular, developmental, cognitive, clinical or computational neuroscience and on various systems within neuroscience. NENS possesses the most comprehensive online source of information on neuroscience graduate education, schools and programmes in Europe, displayed by the programme directory.
The Network of European Neuroscience Schools (NENS) was founded in 2003 and represents over 170 of those graduate schools and programmes across approximately 30 European countries that offer Masters, MD, PhD and doctoral degrees in neuroscience. NENS is a formal structure within the Federation of European Neuroscience Societies (FENS). FENS offers many services for its members among which the NENS initiative is particularly concerned with providing transparency for educational programmes in the field of neuroscience.
Furthermore, NENS offers a basis for communication between European neuroscience graduate programmes and presents an overview for interested scholars.In particular, we have the following overarching goals:
- Promoting higher education in the field of neuroscience in Europe
- Assisting in generating quality standards in neuroscience programmes
- Encouraging and supporting mobility among graduate students and teachers
- Increasing choices and opportunities for graduate students by providing a comprehensive overview
- Improving the cooperation and network among current and future European scientists
- generating new and significant knowledge in the field
- Laying the basis for obtaining consortium funding at national and EU levels
For further information contact the NENS Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Rue d‘Egmont 11