In order to facilitate a scientific experience in a foreign laboratory, JNS and the Federation of European Neuroscience Societies (FENS) will support the travel cost of job interviews for postdoctoral and Ph. D. student positions. The applicant must be a JNS member (for a position in Europe) or FENS member (for a position in Japan). In addition, the host laboratory PI must be a JNS member (receiving a European scientist) or FENS member (receiving a Japanese scientist).
The stipends are announced three times per year (February 15th, June 15th, and October 15th). Each year support for a maximum of 6 stipends will be awarded (three for each direction). The stipend covers the cost of round-trip economy class airfare and ground transportation, up to a maximum of € 1500. The host laboratory must cover local accommodation expenses during the visit.
All documents should be written in English.
- The applicant's CV including a list of publications and society meeting presentations
- A description of the applicant's previous research experience and accomplishments (no more than 500 words)
- A description of the research that the applicant plans to conduct in the host laboratory (no more than 1000 words)
- Recommendation letter from the applicant's original supervisor
- Letter of recommendation from the host laboratory PI, declaring his interest in the candidate and agreeing to cover accommodation expenses during the visit
The host laboratory PI will send the application documents to the society in which the host laboratory is located (PIs in Japan will apply to JNS and PIs in Europe will apply to FENS).
Applications to FENS should be directed to the address below, as an email attachment (a single PDF file, whenever possible) with the original signed documents following by mail.
To apply, please complete the application pack available for download.
Federation of European Neuroscience Societies (FENS)
Rue d‘Egmont 11
Applications to JNS should be directed to the address below, as an email attachment (a single PDF file, whenever possible) with the original signed documents following by mail.
JNS Secretariat Office
Hongo Building 9F, Hongo 7-2-2, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033