EBC represents neurosciences in Brussels
created on 01/14/05, 12:56:07
The European Brain Council (EBC) unites neurologists, psychiatrists, neurosurgeons,
basic neuroscientists, patient organizations and industrial research in one umbrella organization. The EBC has a unique structure bringing together a host of European organisations with a specific interest in the brain. Members include pan-European bodies representing neurologists and psychiatrists, as well as patient federations in those respective fields, neurosurgeons, basic neuroscientists, and relevant areas of industry and commerce. This organization has as primary purpose, to promote brain research.
Incorporated in Belgium on March 22nd 2002, the organisation has its official location at Brussels (Rue Washington, 40 - 1050 Brussels, Belgium), but its official business address and secretariat is at the EFNS Branch Office in Florence, Italy, under the administration of Mrs. Evelyn M. Sipido.
Since 2004 FENS decided to join EBC in the common efforts to strengthen European Neuroscience.
FENS is actively participating to all EBC activities and Lisbon FENS Forum organized a FENS/EBC symposium with the participation of the European Commission ( Dr. Octavi Quintana Trias) to demonstrate further the common interests and goals.
Currently, the EBC has as full members:
· The European Federation of Neurological Societies (EFNS)
· The European Federation of Neurological Associations (EFNA)
· The European College of Neuropsychopharmacology (ECNP)
· The Federation of European Neuroscience Societies (FENS)
· Global Alliance for Mental Illness Advocacy Networks (GAMIAN-Europe)
· The European Association of Neurosurgical Societies (EANS)