FENS is governed by a Council. Each member society has one vote in the Council.
NENS Committee Member
Pavle Andjus, Prof.
School of Biology, Univ. of Belgrade
Studentski trg 12
11001 Belgrade, Serbia
Professional and academic career
- Research assistant and associate,
Institute for General and Physical Chemistry, Belgrade, YU
- Teaching assistant, Faculty of Biol., Univ. of Belgrade, YU
- Assistant professor, Faculty of Biology, University of Belgrade, YU
- 1993-1994, 1998-2006
- Head of Chair in Gen. physiology and biophysics, Faculty of
Biology, Univ. of Belgrade, YU
- Visiting scientist, SISSA, Trieste, Italy
- Associated professor, Faculty of Biology, Univ. of Belgrade, YU
- Visiting scientist , Center for Brain Repair "Rita-Levi Montalcini",
Dept. for Neuroscience, University of Turin, Turin, Italy
- Head of Dept for Physiology and Biochemistry, Faculty of Biology,
University of Belgrade
- Full professor, Faculty of Biol., Univ. of Belgrade
- Head of Ctr for laser microscopy, Faculty of Biology; Univ. of Belgrade
- Vice-dean for science, Faculty of Biology, University of Belgrade
- Cellular neurophysiology and neurobiophysics of ion channels.
- Cellular mechanisms of neurodegenerative processes.
Honors and awards
- Arthur Klorfein Scholarship & Fellowship Fund, (USA)
- Society of General Physiologists fellowship (USA)
- Post-doc fellowship at the International School for
Advanced Studies (Trieste, Italy)
Administrative and organisational experience (e.g. organization of
national and international meetings, public awarness events, responsibilities as
officer of societies, committees etc.)
- Organisation of 21st Yugoslav Biophysical Symposium (1998) and 22nd Internat. Biophysical
Symposium in 2004 (Chair Org, comt)
- Vice-president and president of the Yugoslav Biophysical Society President of the
Biophysical Society of Serbia
- Managment committee member for COST Actions B10 and B30. Biomedicine and molecular
biosciences COST Domain committee member
- University Council member for natural sciences
- Management of the FP6 SSA project NEUROIMAGE (#026400)
Activities related to organization of national or international
training of students (e.g. schools or other educational activities)
- Organization of IBRO sponsored summer Schools in neurobiophysics
(Confocal microscopy 2004, 2005 and Neuroimaging 2006).
- Head of elective curriculum (BSc studies) in Biophysics and Immunobiology, Univ. of Belgrade
- Head of PhD school in Neuroscience, Univ. of Belgrade
- Beljanski, M.V., Andjus, P.R., Hadzi-Pavlovic, A., Srejic, R.,
Vuvelic, D. "Differential scanning calorimetry of the plasma
membrane-enriched fraction in Chara." Plant Science 125, 171-176 (1997),
- Andjus, P.R., Popovic, O., Sarvazyan, Na., Sarvazyan, Nu., Zivic, M.,
Vucelic, D. "Effects of ion transport inhibitors on D2O induced action
potential in Characeae." Plant Science 128, 121-129 (1997)
- Andjus, P.R., Stevic-Marinkovic, Z., Cherubini, E. "Immunoglobulins from
motoneurone disease patients enhance glutamate release from rat hippocampal neurones
in culture." J. Physiology (Lond.) 504.1, 103-122 (1997)
- Andjus, R.K., Damjanovic, I., Gacic, Z, Konjevic, Dj, Andjus,
P.R. (1997) "Electroretinographic evaluation of spectral sensitivity in yellow and
silver eels (Anguilla anguilla)" Visual Neurosci. 15, 923-930.
- Andjus, P.R., Djurisic, M.R., Zujovic, Z., Begovic,
N., Srejic, R., Vucelic, D. "Discontinuities in the temperature
function of transmembrane water transport in Chara: relation to ion transport."
J. Membrane Biol. 167, 267-274 (1999)
- Djurisic;, MR, Andjus, PR "Temperature sensitivity of the tonoplast
channel in Chara: the influence of reversing
the sign of membrane potential", J. Membrane Biol. 178, 215-224 (2000)
- Zivic, M, Andjus PR "Intracellular Ca
changes induced by
D2O/H2O solvent isotope excange in devacuolated internodal cells of Chara gymnophylla",
Plant Science 161, 569-578 (2001)
- Andjus, PR, Zhu, L, Cesa, R, Carulli, D, Strata P "A change in the pattern of activity
affects the developmental regression of the Purkinje cell polyinnervation by
climbing fibers in the rat cerebellum" Neuroscience 121, 563-572 (2003)
- Andjus P.R., Zhu L., Strata P. "Pharmacology of the metabotropic GluR-mediated current
at the climbing fiber to Purkinje cell synapse." Prog. in Brain Res. 148, 299-306 (2005)
- Andjus P.R., Bajic A., Zhu L., Schachner, M., Strata P. "Short-term facilitation
and depression in the cerebellum - some observations on wild type and mutant rodents
deficient in the extracellular matrix molecule Tenascin C." Ann. N.Y. Acad. Sci. 1048,
- Gacic, Z., Damjanovic, I., Konjevic, Dj., Bajic, A.,
Milosevic, M., Andjus, P.R., Mickovic, B. Andjus, RK
"Influence of photic environment on the form of fish electroretinographic off-response."
- Milasin, J., Buffo, A., Carulli, D., Andjus, P.R., Strata P. "MAPK activation in
cerebellar basket cell terminals after harmaline treatment" Ibid. 411-417.
- Andjus P.R., Bajic, A., Zhu L., Strata P. "Metabotropic glutamate receptor-mediated
currents at the climbing fiber to Purkinje cell synapse." J. Chem. Inf. Model.
45, 1536-1538 (2005)
- Bataveljic, D., Homsek, B., Bacic G., Pochet R., Andjus P.R.
"Magnetic resonance imaging of the brain in the superoxide dismutase 1
rat model of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis". Proceedings of the VIPSI - 2006