FENS is governed by a Council. Each member society has one vote in the Council.
Moser, Edvard I.
Past Chair Programme Committee of FENS (2004-2006)
Prof. Edvard Moser
Norwegian University of Science and Technology
Medical-Technical Research Centre (NTNU)
Centre for the Biology of Memory
Memory processes in neuronal circuits in the hippocampus and associated
- 27. April 1962
- born in Ålesund, Norway
- Married with May-Britt Moser. 2 children, born 1991 and 1995.
- since 2002
- Centre of Excellence Director, Centre for the
Biology of Memory, NTNU
- since 1998
- Professor, Biological Psychol./Neuroscience, Dept.
- Associate Professor, Biological Psychology, NTNU
- Visiting Postdoc Univ. College of London (O-Keefe,
- Postdoc, Ctr. Neuroscience, Univ. Edinburgh (Morris,
- Ph.D. student (P. Andersen, Norwegian Research
- 1984-85, 1990
- Mathematics, statistics, programming,
neurobiology (Univ. of Oslo)
- Cand. Psychol. (Univ. of Oslo)
- Dr. philos. (Univ. of Oslo)
- Proposal for European Framework V research programme:
"Excellent" on four of five evaluation scales; "very good" on one.
- Proposal for Norwegian Research Council Medical-Research
Programme Grant ("Medicine and Health"). Rated "excellent".
- Centre of Excellence appointment by Norwegian Research
Council. The Centre is structured around the research group of May-Britt
Moser (Deputy Director) and Edvard Moser (Director). Thirteen centers from
all fields of science were selected from 129 proposals through an
extensive international review process.
- Evaluation by Norwegian Research Council Panel for
Psychology/Psychiatry. Rated "excellent".
- sine 2003
- Member of The Royal Norwegian Society of Sciences
- since 2004
- Member of The Norwegian Academy of Science and
- since 2004
- Science (member of Board of Reviewing Editors)
- since 2005
- Journal of Neuroscience (Reviewing Editor for
Behaviour/Systems/Cognitive section; Associate Editor 2003 and 2004)
- Neuroscience (Section Editor for Behavioural
Neuroscience; Editorial Board member since 2000)
- since 2003
- since 2003
- Faculty of 1000
- Regular requests by Science, Nature, Cell, Neuron, Proc. National
Academy of Sciences USA, Journal of Neuroscience, European Journal of
Neuroscience, Neuroscience, Behavioral Neuroscience, Hippocampus, in
addition to requests from ca. 15 other scientific journals.
- Grant proposals: The Welcome Trust, The Royal Society of London,
National Science Foundation, The Irish Health Research Board, The Norwegian