FENS, IBRO/PERC and a number of FENS members societies and partners are offering travel grants and stipends for students and early career investigators to support their attendance of the FENS Forum 2020.
FENS - IBRO/PERC Travel Grants
FENS and IBRO/PERC are jointly offering travel grants of €750 for students and early career investigators to attend the FENS Forum 2020. The deadline for applications for a FENS – IBRO/PERC Travel Grant was 25 February 2020.
- Applicants will be informed about the success of their application in mid-March 2020.
- The FENS – IBRO/PERC Travel Grants will be paid by bank transfer after the winner has presented themselves personally at the FENS booth during the FENS Forum 2020.
FENS MEMBER SOCIETIES AND PARTNER TRAVEL GRANTS
A number of travel grants to attend the FENS Forum 2020 are offered by FENS member societies and partners. Please check the links below for details, as each organisation has different eligibility criteria and deadlines for application:
FENS member societies travel grants
Austrian Neuroscience Association (ANA)
ANA provides 6 travel grants of 600 € each for ANA members.
Applicable for students and young PhDs (up to 3 years after graduation) who have not been successful with their FENS/IBRO-PERC Travel Grant application.
Please submit your abstract, a brief motivation letter, CV, and a letter of recommendation by your supervisor to the ANA Secretariat.
The deadline for application is 15 May 2020.
Belgian Society for Neuroscience (applications closed)
The BSN society will offer 6 travel grants of 500 euros to their members.
The deadline for applications was 1 March 2020.
- Marieke Gann
- Luis Gomes
- Simon Titone
- Anna Gabriela Pancho Yanza
British Neuroscience Association
The BNA is offering bursaries of up to £300 to support its student and Early Career members to attend the FENS Forum 2020.
The deadline for applications is 6 April 2020 (17:00 GMT).
European Brain and Behaviour Society (applications closed)
EBBS offers 5 travel awards: 1 for a post-doc and 4 for PhD students.
The deadline for applications was 17 February 2020.
- Laia Morató
- Abbondanza Alice
- Chiara Musillo
- Dávid Keller
- Lotte van Doeselaar
European Sleep Research Society (applications closed)
The deadline for applications was 31 January 2020.
European Society for Neurochemistry (applications closed)
The deadline for applications was 15 January 2020.
- Adva Hadar, Postdoctoral Fellow, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel
- Catherine Li, PhD student, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
- Ekaterina V. Pershina, Junior Research Scientist, Institute of Theoretical and Experimental Biophysics, Russian Academy of Sciences (RAS), Pushchino, Russia
- Anastasiia Shcherbitskaia, Research Fellow, I.M. Sechenov Institute of Evolutionary Physiology and Biochemistry, RAS, Saint Petersburg, Russia
German Neuroscience Society (applications closed)
Application deadline was 3 February 2020 (midnight CET)
- Aksan; Bahar (Heidelberg)
- Janssen; Jan Maximilian (Mannheim)
- Kist; Andreas (Erlangen)
- Kreutzmann; Judith (Magdeburg)
- Lenschow; Constanze (Lisabon, Portugal)
- Litke; Christian (Heidelberg)
- Meiser; Sonja (Oldenburg)
- Neumann; Anne-Marie (Lübeck)
- Parsaei; Fahimeh (Tabriz, Iran)
- Scharrenberg; Robin (Hamburg)
- Voigt; Mathias (Helsinki, Finland)
- Völkner; Christin (Rostock)
- Plantera; Laura (Greifswald)
International Behavioural And Neural Genetics Society (applications closed)
Application deadline was 31 January 2020
Awardee: Erin Harris
Italian Society for Neuroscience
The Italian Society for Neuroscience (SINS) will award 10 stipends to its pre-doctoral and postdoctoral members for the participation to the 12th FENS Forum of Neuroscience, Glasgow (UK).
The deadline to apply is 30 March 2020.
Lithuanian Neuroscience Association
The LNA has a stipend fund that can be used for attendance to the Forum.
Travel grant amount: 1000 Euro/year
Application procedures: every quarter, the applicant has to provide an application with two recommendations.
Neuroscience Ireland (applications closed)
The deadline to apply was 25 February 2020.
- Boullon Laura, NUIG
- Devine Caitlin, UU
- Harris Erin, UCC
- Hughes Edel, NUIG
- Humphrey Rachel, NUIG
- Joyce Oisin, TCD
- Ni Bhroin Megan, TCD
- Okolo Adaobi, NUIG
- Sharma Kapil, TCD
- Shovlin Stephen, TCD
- Thornton Aoife, NUIG
- Ward Caoimhe, UU
- Yang Meimei, NUIG
Polish Neuroscience Society (applications closed)
Deadline was 31 January 2020
- Kinga Aurelia
- Kinga Gzieło
- Filip Maciąg
- Agata Szlaga
- Beata Zuzanna Tepper
- Aleksandra Trenk
Sociedad Española de Neurociencia (applications closed)
The Spanish Society for Neuroscience (SENC) offers 32 travel grants (400 euros each) for young scientists attending the 2020 FENS Forum.
The call was open until 20 February 2020.
- Alcaide Pozo, Júlia
- Álvarez Merz, Iris
- Aznar Escolano, Beatriz
- Benítez Fernández, Rocío
- Bis Humbert, Cristian
- Bragg Gonzalo, Lorena
- Calls Cobos, Aina
- Conde Berriozabal, Sara
- Exposito-Alonso, David
- Fernández Rodríguez, Sandra
- García Aldea, Ángel
- González Arias, Candela
- Hernández Recio, Sara
- Herrero Navarro, Álvaro
- Medina Vera, Dina
- Merino Galán, Leyre
- Mesquida Veny, Francina
- Musokhranova, Uliana
- Pérez Cervera, Laura
- Pérez Martín, Ester
- Riba Baques, Marta
- Sancho Balsells, Anna
- Sierra Arregui, Teresa
- Terreros Roncal, Julia
- Vázquez Oliver, Anna
- Velasco Serna, Enrique
- Acosta Verdugo, Sandra
- Benito Frías, Nuria
- Guardia Escoté, Laia
- Martínez Bellver, Sergio
- Moreno Bravo, Juan Antonio
- Sánchez-Aguilera López, Alberto
Sociedade Portuguesa de Neurociências (applications closed)
Application deadline was 25 February 2020
Société des Neurosciences (applications closed)
Application deadline was 18 February 2020.
- Mykolas BENDORIUS, Illkirch
- Christopher BORCUK, Strasbourg
- Lidia CABEZA ALVAREZ, Besançon
- Dario CUPOLILLO, Bordeaux
- Micaela DE PINA ROQUE, Marseille
- Vincent DUPUY, Montpellier
- Dorian GOUEYTES, Gif-sur-Yvette
- Héloïse HAMELIN, Orsay
- Coralie HÉRENT, Gif-sur-Yvette
- Marion MARTIN, Lille
- Elsie MOUKARZEL, Paris
- Marion PELLEN, Illkirch
- Marie PRONOT, Valbonne
- Bastien REDON, Bordeaux
- Diane REKOW, Dijon
- Juliette ROYER, Orsay
- Mehdi SICRE, Marseille
- Chiara TOCCO, Nice
- Helene VITET, La Tronche
Partner travel grants
Australasian Neuroscience Societiy (applications closed)
The deadline was 30 January 2020.
- Myra De Smet, University of Melbourne
- Volkan Uzungil, University of Melbourne
Chinese Neuroscience Society (applications closed)
The deadline was 27 December 2019.
- Hao Wang, Zhejiang University
- Di Mu, Shanghai General Hospital
- Jianzhi Zeng, Peking University
Japan Neuroscience Society (applications closed)
The deadline to apply was 8 January 2020.
- Kareem Mahmoud Ibrahim Abdou, University of Toyama, Graduate school of Medicine and Innovative life sciences
- Yuma Osako, Neural Information Laboratory, Graduate School of Brain Science, Doshisha University
- Yuki Saito, WPI-IIIS, University of Tsukuba
proteintech (applications closed)
The deadline to apply was 31 January 2020.
- Joana Mateus; Instituto de Medicina Molecular - João Lobo Antunes (iMM-JLA) – Portugal
- Alinda Fernandes; King's College London – UK
- Ping Zheng; University Hospital Münster – Germany
- Lídia Cantacorps; Pompeu Fabra University - Spain
Society for Neuroscience
SfN will provide fifteen awards in the amount of $2,500 to members from the United States, Canada and Mexico to attend the biannual FENS Forum.
Submissions open on 20 February 2020 and the deadline for applications is 12 March 2020.
Ulysses Neuroscience Ltd Minerva travel award (applications closed)
The first Minerva award of €500 will support travel to the 12th FENS Forum of Neuroscience.
Deadline was 29 February 2020
YOUNG INVESTIGATOR TRAINING PROGRAMME (YITP)
Aside from grants, you can also apply for the Young Investigator Training Programme. YITP is a summer research stay programme taking place in British laboratories. Further information can be found on the Forum website.