FENS, IBRO/PERC and a number of FENS members societies and partners are offering travel grants and stipends for students and early career investigators to support their attendance of the FENS Forum 2020. The deadline to submit your application is 18 February 2020.
FENS - IBRO/PERC Travel Grants
FENS and IBRO/PERC are jointly offering travel grants of €750 for students and early career investigators to attend the FENS Forum 2020.
Applications for a FENS – IBRO/PERC Travel Grant should be submitted by 18 February 2020 (midnight HAST). Note that the deadline for travel grant applications will be strictly applied and will not be postponed.
Visit the Forum 2020 website to register for the Forum and apply for a FENS-IBRO/PERC travel grant!
Eligibility Criteria for the FENS - IBRO/PERC Travel Grants
- You are a PhD student or a postdoctoral fellow
- You have registered for the FENS Forum 2020
- You have submitted an abstract as first author
- You are able to receive support from your current supervisor/PI
You are not eligible to apply if:
- You reside in the country where the Forum is taking place
- You have received a FENS IBRO/PERC travel grant for the previous Forum 2018 (list of recipients)
- You will be asked to designate your supervisor or department head to support your application. You should make sure that you apply early enough to leave time for this person to submit his/her agreement electronically before the deadline on 20 February 2020 at midnight (HAST).
- Applicants will be informed about the success of their application in mid-March 2020.
- The FENS – IBRO/PERC Travel Grants will be paid by bank transfer after the winner has presented themselves personally at the FENS booth during the FENS Forum 2020.
- Deadline for submission: 18 February 2020 (midnight HAST)
- Deadline for supervisor's support: 20 February 2020 (midnight HAST)
- Announcement of travel grant recipients: mid-March 2020
Please note that following your application for a FENS - IBRO/PERC Travel Grant, you can also apply for the Young Investigator Training Programme. YITP is a summer research stay programme taking place in British laboratories. Further information can be found on the Forum website.
FENS MEMBER SOCIETIES AND PARTNER TRAVEL GRANTS
A number of travel grants to attend the FENS Forum 2020 are offered by FENS member societies and partners. Please check the links below for details, as each organisation has different eligibility criteria and deadlines for application:
4 x €500 travel grants to attend the 2020 FENS Forum are offered. The deadline to apply is 31 January 2020.
German Neuroscience Society
Travel grant amount: 500 Euro
- Doctoral students and young postdocs
- The age limit at time of application is 35 years
- Participation with an own contribution as first author is mandatory
- GNS membership is mandatory
Application deadline: 3 February 2020 (midnight CET)
Société des Neurosciences
The French Neuroscience Society offers 20 travel grants of 500 EUR to its student members to attend the FENS Forum.
Applicants should be:
- Student member of the French Neuroscience Society
- First author of an abstract presented at the FENS Forum
- Working in a French laboratory
- In their last year of research doctorate
Application deadline: 3 February 2020
Lithuanian Neuroscience Association
The LNA has a stipend fund that can be used for attendance to the Forum.
Travel grant amount: 1000 Euro/year
- LNA membership for at least two years
- Early stage of career
- Repeated application only after minimum two years
Application procedures: every quarter, the applicant has to provide an application with two recommendations.
International Behavioural And Neural Genetics Society
IBANGS has established a travel award of $500 to assist trainees.
Application deadline: 31 January 2020
European Society for Neurochemistry
The European Society for Neurochemistry (ESN) offers 3 travel grants to young ESN members for participation in the FENS Forum and ESN Mini-Conference.
Eligibility for application for ESN support:
- Current ESN membership
- Students, Ph.D. students and young postdocs, being younger than 36 years.
- The applicant will participate with their own contribution, being the first author
The financial support amounts to 500 €.
Applications should be sent electronically to the ESN Secretary Prof Illana Gozes at firstname.lastname@example.org
The application must contain the following documents:
- Application letter (max. 3000 characters including spaces)
- A short CV (max. 2 pages)
- For PhD students, confirmation of their PhD studentship from the University or Host Institution
- List of publications
- Copy of the abstract (max. 3000 characters including spaces)
- One letter of recommendation (one page)
The deadline for applications is January 15, 2020.
Applicants will be informed about the results of their application by 31 January 2020.
Belgian Society for Neuroscience
The BSN society will offer 6 travel grants of 500 euros to their members. Full details are available on their website.
Polish Neuroscience Society
The Polish Neuroscience Society is offering 6 travel grants for young scientists for the attendance of 12th FENS Forum in Glasgow on 11-15 July 2020. Details necessary to apply for the grant are provided in the link above.
Sociedade Portuguesa de Neurociências
SPN will offer 10 travel awards of 500€ to 5 Master degree or PhD students and 5 Postdoctoral fellows. Applicants must be SPN members (with no overdue membership fees) and must have submitted their work to FENS Forum 2020.
Application deadlines: 16/12/2019 – 25/02/2020
Italian Society for Neuroscience
The Italian Society for Neuroscience (SINS) will award 10 stipends to its pre-doctoral and postdoctoral members for the participation to the 12th FENS Forum of Neuroscience, Glasgow (UK). Full details are available at the above link.
European Sleep Research Society
The Board of the European Sleep Research Society has established a fund to support early career researchers within Europe. The deadline for applications is 31 January 2020.