Neuroscience Outreach Awards 2014
In order to celebrate neuroscience outreach, The Dana/EDAB in collaboration with FENS will reward projects and special contributions by individuals and organisations during the FENS Forum every second year.
Find here the Press release
Three Awards for Neuroscience Outreach to be presented at the FENS Forum 2014
During the inaugural ceremony at the FENS Forum 2014 the following three prestigious prizeslinked to global outreach were introduced to the neuroscience community:
1. The Dana/EDAB Neuroscience Outreach Champion (also known as The David and Hillie Mahoney Award For an Individual's Contribution to Outreach): Rewarding an individual who has significantly contributed to the promotion of brain awareness, through continued public outreach efforts for a period of three or more years.
Following the assesment of the submitted nominations for The Dana/EDAB Neuroscience Outreach Champion, the 2014 David and Hillie Mahoney Award for an Individual’s Contribution to Outreach was given to Dr. Mara Dierssen (Barcelona, Spain).
2. The EDAB-FENS Brain Awareness (BAW) Excellence Award: Recognising the outstanding presentation of a BAW public outreach programme in the past two years by an organisation such as a hospital, university, national society or NGO.
Following the assesment of the submitted proposals, the 2014 EDAB-FENS Brain Awareness Excellence Award is given to the Hellenic Society for Neuroscience.
3. The Dana/EDAB Lifetime Achievement Award for Outreach on behalf of Brain Research is given to Dr. Mary G. Baker MBE.
The Brain Awareness Corner
Introduced in 2014, the BAW Corner is a dedicated area where a few of posters, selected from the 2014 FENS BAW grantees, will be presented and displayed throughout the Forum.
The Award Committee is responsible for evaluating the submitted proposals and selecting the awardees for the Dana/EDAB Neuroscience Outreach Award and the EDAB-FENS BAW Excellence Award as well as the posters to be displayed in the Brain Awareness Corner at the Forum.
The Award Committee appointed by the Dana Foundation/EDAB and FENS includes:
- - Carlos Belmonte, Member of EDAB Executive Committee
- - Colin Blakemore, EDAB Vice Chairman
- - Monica Di Luca, FENS President-Elect
- - Marian Joëls, FENS President
- - Malgorzata Kossut, Member of EDAB Executive Committee and FENS Communication - Committee member
- - Pierre Magistretti, IBRO President and EDAB Vice Chairman
Download the Neuroscience Outreach Awards Programme announcement.