Call for Nominations: The Dana/EDAB Neuroscience Outreach Champion
Rewarding an individual who has significantly contributed to the promotion of brain awareness, through continued public outreach efforts for a period of three or more years
The Dana/EDAB Neuroscience Outreach Champion
also known as
The David and Hillie Mahoney Award For an Individual’s Contribution to Outreach
Call for Nominations
Sponsored by the Dana Alliance, in collaboration with FENS Prize money: EUR 2,000
This is an open nomination which can be made by a member of the public or scientific community.
Nominees may be a member of the scientific community or of the general public, acting as an individual or on behalf of an organisation, whose outreach efforts took place in Europe for European audiences.
The award winner is required to be present at the Awards Inaugural Ceremony (7 July 2014) at the FENS Forum 2014 (Milan, Italy). Registration, transportation (economy air or ground), to the FENS Forum and two nights hotel accommodation will be provided to the Champion Award recipient.
The following information is required, when submitting a proposal:
- - Short CV of Nominee
- - A nomination letter with a summary of brain awareness outreach efforts and activities that includes types of efforts and activities; time period of efforts; a detailed account of the breadth of activities including audiences reached; any unique approaches to the outreach programmes; and results achieved (maximum 750 words)
- - Two letters of recommendation supporting the nomination
- - Any additional documentation of nominee’s efforts which could include: materials; publication;, Website; photos from events
- - Contact information for the proposer and the nominee
The Award Committee appointed by the Dana Foundation/EDAB and FENS includes:
- - Carlos Belmonte, Member of EDAB Executive Committee
- - Colin Blakemore, EDAB Vice Chairman
- - Monica Di Luca, FENS President-Elect
- - Marian Joëls, FENS President
- - Malgorzata Kossut, Member of EDAB Executive Committee and FENS Communication Committee member
- - Pierre Magistretti, IBRO President and EDAB Vice Chairman
The Award Committee is responsible for evaluating the submitted nominations and selecting the The Dana/EDAB Neuroscience Outreach Champion.
Please submit completed application (PDF via email) to: email@example.com
Application opens on March 17, 2014
Deadline for nominations: May 1, 2014
Download here the pdf version of the Call for Nominations