The Dana/EDAB Neuroscience Outreach Champion
Rewarding an individual who has significantly contributed to the promotion of brain awareness, through continued public outreach efforts for a period of three or more years.
- also known as
- The David and Hillie Mahoney Award For an Individual’s Contribution to Outreach
Sponsored by the Dana Alliance, in collaboration with FENS. Prize money: 2,000 €
This is an open nomination which can be made by a member of the public or scientific community.
Nominees may be members of the scientific community or the general public, acting as an individual or on behalf of an organisation, whose outreach efforts took place in Europe for European audiences.
The award winner is required to be present at the Neuroscience Outreach Awards Ceremony (July 9, 2018) at the FENS Forum 2018 (Berlin, Germany). Registration, transportation (economy air or ground), to the FENS Forum and two nights hotel accommodation will be provided to the Champion.
The Dana/EDAB Outreach Champion will serve as member of the Award Committee in the next two Call for Nominations (2020 and 2022).
The following information is required when submitting a nomination:
- - Short CV of Nominee
- - A nomination letter with a summary of brain awareness outreach efforts and activities that includes types of efforts and activities; time period of efforts; a detailed account of the breadth of activities including audiences reached; any unique approaches to the outreach programmes; and results achieved (maximum 750 words)
- - Two letters of recommendation supporting the nomination
- - Any additional documentation of nominee’s efforts which could include: materials, publication, Website, photos from events etc.
- - Contact information for the proposer and the nominee
The call for nominations is closed.
The Award Committee appointed by the Dana Foundation/EDAB and FENS includes:
Carlos Belmonte, Member of EDAB Executive Committee
Colin Blakemore, EDAB Vice-Chairman
Paul Bolam, Dana/EDAB Outreach Champion 2016
Mara Dierssen, Dana/EDAB Outreach Champion 2014
Monica Di Luca, FENS Past-President
Barry Everitt, FENS President
Pierre Magistretti, IBRO President and EDAB Vice-Chairman
The Award Committee is responsible for evaluating submitted nominations and selecting The Dana/EDAB Neuroscience Outreach Champion.
Download the pdf version of the Call for Nominations