October 7th, 2015
to October 10th, 2015
About the Event
The Hellenic, Israel and Serbian Societies for Neuroscience will be honored to host the FFRM 2015 meeting in Thessaloniki, Greece. Thessaloniki has been the meeting point of the three civilisations for centuries. The City of Thessaloniki will provide all its resources for the successful hosting of this event. Although individual collaborations among scientists of the three countries have been developed over the years, the three Neuroscience Societies will have the opportunity to come together for the first time, enhance their relationships and represent themselves to an international audience. Such an event will be mostly beneficial for our students and young investigators and special attention has been paid towards this goal. The organising societies worked closely sketching a preliminary programme for the organisation of the FFRM 2015. We have determined 6 interest areas substantially covering Neurosciences. Lectures, symposia and posters should adhere in one of the following topics:
1. Molecular/Cellular Neuroscience
2. Neural circuits and Systems
3. Cognitive and Behavioral Neuroscience
4. Clinically Oriented Neuroscience
5. Neuroengineering and Computational Neuroscience
6. Developmental Neuroscience
Events on history of neuroscience and ethics in research are provisioned. The official language of the meeting will be English. The suggested areas reflect activities of members of the three societies while at the same time provide an international perspective for students, young investigators and renowned scientists around the globe to participate. During the Meeting, we are planning the organisation of the following Social Events aimed at the interplay among the participants.
* Basketball Tournament: Students and older students are going to participate in the tournament in teams.
* Photo exhibition: It will be organised in cooperation with the Museum of Photography of Thessaloniki.
* Street Food Festival: A Gastronomy Festival will be held at the historical area of the city. Also, there will be a reference to the “Wine Route of Thessaloniki”, as there are many famous wineries. The main objective of the event is a search of gastronomic identity of Thessaloniki in combination with Balkan flavours. The street food “festival” will be accompanied by Greek and Balkan sounds from a live band. Visits to Neuroscience labs of the Aristotle University, a "Meet the expert" action for travel grant holders and a Brain awareness session open to the public with the support of the City of Thessaloniki will enrich the scientific programme.
We are looking forward to hosting you and your science in the FFRM 2015 meeting!
5 January 2015 Opening of early registration and abstract submission
5 January – 30 March 2015 FENS Travel grant applications
15 May 2015 Deadline for abstract submission
30 May 2015 Deadline for early registration
25 September 2015 Deadline for online registration (afterwards onsite only)
7-10 October 2015 FENS Featured Regional Meeting
Application for FENS Travel Grants is now open. Click here to apply.