Group Leader in Warsaw/Poland
08 April 2019
Group Leader in Warsaw/Poland
The recently created Center of Excellence for Neural Plasticity & Brain Disorders BRAINCITY (braincity.nencki.gov.pl) seeks to appoint four group leaders to develop ambitious and innovative research programmes investigating neural plasticity related to brain disease. Topics of particular interest for BRAINCITY include genomics and epigenomics, clinical neuroscience, circuitry, neurodevelopment, and disease modeling. Candidates with expertise in iPSC-derived organoids, bioimaging, in vivo and in vitro gene editing, bioinformatics, high-content behavioral assessment, and drug screening are particularly encouraged to apply. The group leaders will have full freedom to develop their own scientific projects and responsibility for forming and leading an independent research group. Initial fixed-term positions will be offered with the possibility of obtaining tenure at the Nencki Institute upon successful review. Appointments will include core funding and internationally competitive salaries for the PI and several group members, as well as access to state-of-the-art research facilities, and the possibility to apply for large equipment funding.
Successful candidates are expected to:
• hold a doctorate or medical degree in a relevant discipline
• demonstrate outstanding research achievements
• present plans for an ambitious and competitive research programme
• possess the leadership skills required to direct an independent research group
• exhibit openness to internal and external collaborations
Applications should include:
• curriculum vitae
• full list of peer-reviewed publications
• up to 3 publications (pdf) with a brief explanation of their significance and the candidate’s contribution
• description of past accomplishments and future research plans (max. 5 pages)
• 3 letters of reference from senior researchers sent directly
Materials should be deposited at https://braincity.nencki.gov.pl/register.php before May 17, 2019
- Closing date:
- Employment start date:
- Contract length:
- 4,5 years
- Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS
- BRAINCITY is a partnership between the European Molecular Biology Laboratory and the Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology, located in Warsaw, Poland. The Nencki Institute is the leading Polish research institution in the field of neurobiology located on the largest Polish biomedical research campus in one of the most vibrant cities of Europe. The BRAINCITY project is carried out within the International Research Agendas programme of the Foundation for Polish Science co-financed by the European Union under the European Regional Development Fund.
Further information related to the scientific programme can be obtained by contacting
Leszek Kaczmarek (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Ewelina Knapska (email@example.com).
For other inquiries please contact Marta Rucinska (firstname.lastname@example.org).