Treasurer (leadership member)
02 August 2019
Treasurer (leadership member)
The Cajal Programme is requesting nominations for the position as Treasurer of the newly established international non-profit organization (INPO).
About The CAJAL Advanced Neuroscience Training Programme
The CAJAL Programme represents commitment by five partner institutions: FENS, IBRO, the Gatsby Charitable Foundation, University of Bordeaux and the Champalimaud Foundation to establish a dedicated neuroscience training facility in Europe. Two-or-three-week hands-on courses are held for groups of about 20 international students (PhD students and early postdocs) at the Bordeaux School of Neuroscience, France and the Champalimaud Centre for the Unknown, Portugal. In 2019, the Cajal Programme was established as an independent non-profit organisation based in Belgium. More information: www.cajal-training.org
As voluntary scientific member of the Cajal Programme leadership, the Treasurer is member of the Steering Committee board and the General Assembly. On behalf of these, the treasurer shall:
- monitor the association’s finances (bank accounts, cash flow, etc.)
- Update the Steering Committee on financial reports (balance sheet, fundraising
- present the annual accounts for approval by the General Assembly
- monitor the production of annual budgets and their approvals by the organisation’s
- Participate in leadership discussions about the strategic development of the programme
- liaise with relevant staff and committee members to ensure the financial viability of the
- attend and vote at Steering Committee meetings and General Assemblies
The Treasurer serves on the committee on a voluntary basis for a two-year term and cannot be re- elected. Travel, accommodation or other expenses linked to the position will be reimbursed.
- scientific background – preferentially as independent scientist in an area related to neuroscience
- previous experience with non-profit leadership positions (preferentially as treasurer)
- a strong interest in supporting higher education and training in Europe is considered an advantage.
Please send a short motivated nomination (including information about the scientific standing of the candidate, previous experience with non-profit organisations, and general interest in European training) and a short CV (max 5 pages, including full contact details and a list of 5 recent publications by the nominee), via email to email@example.com, with subject email “Treasurer nomination”, by 20th September 2019. Self-nominations are possible.
Nominated candidates may be contacted to expand on their nominations. The Steering Committee will meet in November to elect the new Treasurer who will start his/her two-year term in January 2020.
- Closing date:
- Employment start date:
- Contract length:
- two-year term
- CAJAL Advanced Neuroscience Training Programme
Mathilde Maughan, CAJAL Central Administration
rue d'egmont 11, 1000 Brussels