2011, the directors of the Dana Foundation approved a grant to FENS once more. This money enables funding of several small grants to various European Brain Awareness Week partner organizations for public presentation during the campaign.
FENS distributed these grants in a competitive procedure. A call for applications was launched and the best projects were selected. 90 applications from 28 different European countries were submitted, 27 projects in 19 different European countries can be supported. The following BAW events (listed in alphabetical order by last name) were selected for funding:
1. Battaglia-Mayer, Alexandra (Rome, Italy) THE BRAIN FOR LITTLE KIDS II: The Brain in Action
2. Bilewska, Karolina (Lublin, Poland) The Days of the Brain VI : Brain - the manipulator in string puppet-show
3. Blank, Dorotea (Gothenburg, Sweden) The creative Brain
4. Cicek, Metehan (Ankara, Turkey) 1st Brain Awareness Week in Ankara University
5. Dierrsen, Mara (Barcelona, Spain) BCNSpain IX Edition
6. Dino, Alessia (Torino, Italy) BRAIN, MIND AND SOCIETY
7. Gasparyan, Arsen (Yerevan, Armenia) „Explore your brain"
8. Girão da Cruz, Maria Teresa (Coimbra, Portugal) The beauty and the brain
9. Grieder, Matthias (Bern, Switzerland) Brain Week 2011 in Bern
10. Gurzu, Cristian (Braila, Romania) The young bright minds
11. Heffer, Marija (Osijek, Croatia) Knowledge Seeking Genes
12. Jankeviciene, Corrie (Plunges raj, Lithuania) The child's brain: environment, training and social influences on mental health
13. Jovanovic, Ksenija (Toledo, Spain) Spinal Cord in Health and Illness
14. Kol, Ravid (Jerusalem, Israel) Brain and Film
15. Kostovic, Ivica (Zagreb, Croatia) THE LEARNING BRAIN (Education and neuroscience)
16. Krugers, Harm (Amsterdam, The Netherlands) Brain Awareness for Kids
17. Milton, Amy-Louise (Cambridge, UK) Psy-Fi (Psychology Films) Memory Film Festival 2011
18. Ormel, Lasse (Oslo, Norway) High school students explore the brain
19. Peker, Gonul (Izmir, Turkey) BAW in Izmir
20. Pochet, Roland (Brussels, Belgium) Neuroscience at the European Parliament in Brussels
21. Prötsch, Markus (Salzburg, Austria) BAW in Salzburg
22. Pyza, Elzbieta (Krakow, Poland) The 2011 Brain Awareness Week in Krakow
23. Salesse, Roland (Gif-sur-Yvette, France) Theater play :"Incense and tar"
24. Schoenen, Jean (Liege, Belgium) "Semaine du Cerveau 2011"
25. Sengpiel, Frank (Cardiff, UK) Workshop: Learn about Life
26. Starc, Martina (Ljubljana, Slovenia) BAW 2011: Train your Brain
27. Toth, Eva (Hevesvezekény, Hungary) PLEASURE – ADDICTION – BRAIN FUNCTION