Job description – main tasks:
The main tasks related to the available position as administrative assistant include:
1) Administrative support for the Communication Committee, including implementation of FENS online presence (website, news alerts, social media) and printed communication, such as the continued development of the FENS newsletter, general brochures, flyers, presentations and other printed materials.
2) Assistant to the Executive Director, including (but not limited to) maintenance and development of scientific partnerships, governance support such as taking minutes from various governance meetings.
3) General office-related tasks linked to the day-to-day running of the office (monitoring expenses, ordering supplies, incoming calls and email correspondence), membership-related administration as well as support for meetings (meeting rooms, catering and travel) and other related activities.
The administrative assistant will report to the Executive Director.
Qualifications and profile
- Impeccable English skills are a prerequisite for the position. The candidate must be native speaker (or comparable), having a fluent command of both spoken and written English. Additional languages are not required although knowledge of spoken French can be considered an advantage.
- The candidate must be well organized, naturally service oriented, and have relevant previous experience (see job profile above).
- The position requires the use of secretarial software (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.), and demands familiarity with
the use of Internet applications (e-mails, bulk-emails, CMS and web publishing), telephone and video conferencing.
- The position demands a high degree of flexibility and the preferred applicant should therefore be able to react to project adjustments promptly and efficiently. It is expected that the assistant will be able, with little delay, to work with a large degree of autonomy.
The preferred candidate is a holder of a Professional or Academic Bachelor degree with at least 2-4 years of work experience.
Location and Salary
The job as administrative assistant is a full-time position (37,5h per week) that is based in the main administrative office of FENS in Brussels. The position will involve occasional international travel, including a training stay in the FENS office in Berlin. FENS offers a 2 year contract (with possibility for extension) with a salary ranging from 24000 to 29000€ gross/year depending on the qualifications and experience of the candidate. Meal vouchers will be offered in addition as part of the contract.
Full CV and cover letter in English indicating whether applicant is a holder of work authorization in Belgium, should be sent by email as a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate ‘administrative assistant’ in the subject line.
- Deadline for applications: December 23, 2013. Interviews will be held in Brussels in January 2014.
Starting date should be not later than by March 1, 2014.
Download the job announcement here.