Four NENS Clusters have been selected has part of the first call for Education and Training Clusters, launched in Autumn 2020.
Launched for the first time in Autumn 2020, the call for NENS Education and Training Clusters aims to stimulate and/or strengthen the cooperation among NENS school programmes.
The selected clusters should address new needs in the neuroscience community and respond to current challengesen countered in specific neuroscience domains. A funding of maximum EUR 7,000 per awarded cluster was available.
Discover the selected NENS clusters
Following the 1st Call for Education and Training Clusters launched in autumn 2020 among NENS graduate school programs, 4 cluster proposals have been awarded and will be developed in 2021:
1. MoViR NENS Cluster, comprised of 3 partner institutions in collaboration with 2 SMEs:
- The Bordeaux Neurocampus Department
- The Universitat Jaume I Master’s Degree in Brain and Behaviour Research
- The Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology
2. Trilateral course on Glia in neuroinflammation, composed of the following partners:
- Master program in Neurobiology, Faculty of Biology, University of Bucharest (coordinator)
- Neurobiology, Faculty of Biology, University of Belgrade
- Doctoral Program in Molecular Medicine, A.I.Virtanen Institute for Molecular Sciences, University of Eastern Finland
3. NENS Brain & Mind Cluster, composed of the following partners:
- Doctoral Programme Brain & Mind, University of Helsinki, Finland (coordinator)
- Master’s Programme in Neuroscience, University of Helsinki, Finland
- PhD Program in Neuroscience, University of Milano-Bicocca, Italy
- János Szentágothai School of Neurosciences, Semmelweis University, Hungary
- Graduate Programme of Biomedicine, Aarhus University, Denmark
4. Advanced skill training in Neuroscience courses: a case study of Drugs & Brain, composed of the following partners:
- European Graduate School of Neuroscience (EURON) (coordinator)
- Graduate Programme in Neuroscience, University of Crete, Faculty of Medicine, Heraklion, Crete, Greece
- PhD in Neuroscience, University College Cork, Cork, Ireland
- Master in Health Sciences and PhD in Health Sciences, School of Medicine, University of Minho, Braga, Portugal
Learn more about these clusters in this article.
NENS, the Network of European Neuroscience Schools
NENS currently brings together over 190 graduate school programmes that offer MSc, PhD and MD-PhD degrees in neuroscience across 30 European countries.
Discover the benefits of joining NENS