FENS-Kavli Network of Excellence Ph.D. Thesis Prize
The FENS-Kavli Network of Excellence Ph.D. Thesis Prize is awarded every second year to a young neuroscientist for his/her outstanding Ph.D. thesis in any domain of neuroscience.
Application closed on 1 March. The results will be communicated to the applicants by the end of April 2018.
FENS-Kavli Network of Excellence Ph.D. Thesis Prize 2018
Personal prize money: 2.000 €
- The candidate must have successfully defended his/her Ph.D. thesis at the home institution;
- At the time of the submission, no more than two years may have elapsed since the Ph.D. was awarded;
- The candidate must have at least one first-author manuscript published or accepted for publication. In case of a co-first authorship, the contribution of the applicant must be clearly stated on the publication, and can be further outlined in an accompanying document;
- The candidate has to be available to attend the FENS Forum 2018 (Berlin, 7-11 July).
Applicants may either be nominated by their Ph.D. supervisor, or may self-nominate.
The nomination must include:
- A letter of recommendation from the Ph.D. supervisor, which should be sent directly to the Selection Committeee (please check the application form);
- The CV of the applicant, including:
- Full citation of a first-author manuscript (published or accepted for publication);
- Full list of publications;
- List of academic and professional awards, if applicable;
- Relevant professional experience, including teaching duties, if applicable;
- An electronic copy of the Ph.D. diploma;
- An electronic copy of the Ph.D. thesis document;
- An electronic copy of the first-author manuscript.
Call Deadline: 1 March 2018 (midnight, Brussels time).
Note: The results of the submitted nominations will be communicated to the candidates on 23 April. The winner of the Ph.D. Thesis Prize will be publicly announced at the FENS Forum 2018.
Ph.D. Thesis Prize Selection Committee *: