FENS-Kavli Network of Excellence
Call for Applications - 2018
- The Call for Applications is now closed.
! The deadline for receiving the letters of recommendations from the referees has been extended to Friday, 18 May, 4 pm/Brussels time. The letters should be sent via email to FKNE office at email@example.com.
The FENS-Kavli Network of Excellence is a prestigious network of 30 outstanding early to mid-career European neuroscientists.
The Network was established in 2014 through a collaboration by the Federation of European Neuroscience Societies (FENS) and the Kavli Foundation. The multidisciplinary, international Network of FENS-Kavli Scholars is self-organised and aims to improve Neuroscience in Europe and beyond through scientific exchange, providing opportunities for young scientists, and facilitating dialogue between scientists, policy-makers, and society. FKNE Scholars participate in ~ 2 meetings per year that allow for lively discussion of a range of topics across Neuroscience as well as challenges and opportunities for European neuroscientists.
Check here to find out more about the current FENS Kavli Scholars and some of FKNE’s scientific, outreach, and policy activities.
We are aiming for:
- - Early to mid-career stage neuroscientists with independent positions;
- - Neuroscientists with successful research lines - as evidenced by outstanding publications as main (first, last and/or corresponding) authors, and/or receipt of prestigious personal prizes, fellowships, or grants;
- - Neuroscientists who typically completed their PhD work 4-12 years ago (though there is no strict timing rule);
- - Neuroscientists with strong leadership and communication skills who are motivated to actively participate in Network activities;
- - To allow optimal group dynamics, a good spread over disciplines, geography and gender will be strived for.
Photo: FENS-Kavli Scholars, Chicheley Hall, April 2017
- Download the Call for Applications (pdf format)