- 6th January 1943
- born in Viareggio, Italy
- Medical degree "cum laude". Medical School, University of Turin, Italy
- Specialization in Neurology and Psychiatry. Medical School, University of Turin, Italy
- Assistant professor at the Institute of Physiology, Catholic University, Rome, Italy
- CNR/NATO fellowship at the Max-Planck-Institut für biophysikalische Chemie, Göttingen, Germany
- Assistant professor at the Institute of Physiology, University of Catania, Italy
- Assistant professor at the Institute of Physiology, University of Turin, Italy
- "Médecin assistant" at the Institute of Anatomy, University of Lausanne, Switzerland
- "Maître assistant" at the Institute of Anatomy, University of Lausanne, Switzerland
- "Professeur assistant" at the Institute of Anatomy, University of Lausanne, Switzerland
- Associate Professor in Physiology, University of Turin Medical School, Italy
- Invited professor of Brasilian Council for Scientific Investigations. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- "Professeur associé suppléant" at the Institute of Anatomy, University of Lausanne, Switzerland
- since 1990
- Associate Researcher at the Institute for Neuroscience, University of Alicante, Alicante, Spain
- Scientific visitor, Laboratory of Neuropsychology, NIMH, Bethesda (USA) and invited Professor at Georgetown University, Medical School, Washington DC (USA)
- "Professeur associé" at the Institute of Anatomy, University of Lausanne, Switzerland
- Co-director at the Institute of Anatomy, University of Lausanne, Switzerland
- Receiving Editor of European Journal of Neuroscience
- since 1997
- Professor in Neuroscience and Head of the Division for Neuroanatomy and Brain Development, Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
- since 1999
- Consultant at the Pediatric Neurology and Pediatric Psychiatry service, University Hospital, Lausanne, Switzerland
- Innocenti, G.M., Aggoun-Zouaoui, D. & Lehmann, P. (1995)
Cellular aspects of callosal connections and their development. Neuropsychologia 33 961-987
- Innocenti, G.M. & Kaas, J. (1995)
The cortex. Trends Neurosci. 18 371-372
- Innocenti, G.M. (1995)
Exuberant development of connections and its possible permissive role in cortical evolution. Trends Neurosci. 18 397-402.
- Tettoni, L., Lehmann, P., Houzel, J.C. & Innocenti, G.M. (1996)
Maxsim, a software for the analysis of multiple axonal arbors and their simulated activation. J. Neurosci. Methods 67 1-9
- Aggoun-Zouaoui, D., Kiper, D. & Innocenti, G.M. (1996)
Growth of callosal terminal arbors in primary visual areas of the cat. Eur. J. Neurosci. 8 1132-1148
- Parnas, J., Bovet, P., Innocenti, G.M. (1996)
Schizophrenic trait features, binding, and cortico-cortical connectivity: a neurodevelopmental pathogenetic hypothesis. Neurology, Psychiatry and Brain Research 4 185-196.
- Lucio, R.A., Garcia, J.V., Cerezo, J.R., Pacheco, P., Innocenti, G.M., Berbel, P. (1997)
The development of auditory callosal connections in normal and hypothyroid rats. Cerebral Cortex 7 303-316.
- Tettoni, L., Georghita-Bachler, F., Bressoud, R. Welker, E. and Innocenti, G.M. (1998)
Constant and variable aspects of axonal phenotype in cerebral cortex. Cerebral Cortex, 8 543-552.
- Bressoud, R and Innocenti, G.M. (1999)
Typology, early differentiation, and exuberant growth of a set of cortical axons. J. Comp Neurol. 406 87-108.
- Zufferey, P., Jin F., Nakamura H., Tettoni L. and Innocenti, G.M. (1999)
The role of pattern vision in the development of cortico-cortical connections. Eur J Neurosci, 11 2669-2688
- Kiper, D.C., Knyazeva, M.G., Tettoni, L. and G.M. Innocenti (1999)
Visual stimulus dependent changes in inter-hemispheric EEG coherence. J Neurophysiol. 82: 3082-3094
- Knyazeva, M.G., Kiper, D.C., Vildavski, V.Y., Desplands, P. A., Maeder-Ingvar, M. and Innocenti, G.M. (1999)
Visual-stimulus-dependent changes in interhemispheric EEG coherence in humans J Neurophysiol. 82: 3095-3107
- Innocenti, G. M., Kiper, D. and Deonna T. (1999)
On nature and limits of cortical developmental plasticity after an early lesion, in a child. Rest Neurol. and Neurosci. 15: 219-227
- Innocenti, GM, Maeder, P, Knyazeva, M, Fornari, E., Deonna, T. (2001)
Functional activation of microgyric visual cortex in man. Annals Neurol. 50: 672-676.
- Knyazeva, M, Deonna, T and Innocenti, GM (2001)
EEG coherence studies in the normal brain and after early cortical pathologies. Brain Res Rev. 36, 119-128.
- Innocenti, GM, Manger P; Masiello, I, Colin, I and Tettoni, L (2002)
Architecture and Callosal Connections of Visual Areas 17,18, 19 and 21 in the Ferret (Mustela Putorius). Cerebral Cortex 12, 411-422.
- Manger, P, Kiper, D, Masiello, I, Tettoni, L, Hunyadi, Z, and Innocenti GM (2002)
The representation of the visual field in three extrastriate areas of the ferret (Mustela Putorius), and the relationship of retinotopy and field boundaries to callosal connectivity. Cerebral Cortex. 12, 423-437
- Kiper, DC, Zesiger, P, Maeder, P, Deonna, T and Innocenti GM (2002)
Vision after lesions of the occipital cortex: Neuropsychological and psychophysical studies. Neural Plasticity, 9, 1-25.
- Knyazeva MG, Maeder P, Kiper DC, Deonna T, and Innocenti GM (2002)
Vision after lesions of the occipital cortex: Neuropsychological and psychophysical studies. Neural Plasticity, 9, 27-40.
- Restrepo CE, Manger PR, Innocenti GM (2002)
Retinofugal projections following early lesions of the visual cortex in the ferret. Eur J Neurosci, 16: 1713-1719.
- Manger P, Masiello I, Innocenti GM (2002)
Areal organization of the posterior parietal cortex of the ferret (Mustela putorius). Cerebral Cortex, 12: 1280-1297.
- Zesiger P, Kiper D, Deonna T, and Innocenti GM. (2002)
Preserved visual function in a case of occipito-parietal microgyria. Annals Neurol, 52: 492-498
- Innocenti GM, Ansermet F and Parnas J. (2003)
Schizophrenia, neurodevelopment and corpus callosum. Molec Psychiat, 8: 261-274
- Behavioural Brain Research (Elsevier)
- Developmental Neuroscience (Karger)
- Correspondent to: Comments on Developmental Neurobiology (Gordon and Breach)
- since 1981
- Developmental Brain Research (Elsevier)
- since 1989
- Experimental Brain Research (Springer)
- Neural Plasticity (Freund)
- since 1991
- Cerebral Cortex (Oxford University Press)
- European Journal for Neuroscience (Blackwell)
- Behavioral and Brain Sciences
- since 1985
- Member of the organizing committee of the European Winter Conference on Brain Research
- Member of the Council of the European Neuroscience Association
Panel: Developmental Neurobiology
- Treasurer of the European Neuroscience Association
- Member of Council of the Swiss Society of Neuroscience
- since 1997
- President of the Rodin Remediation Academy
- since 2002
- Chairman of the School Committee, Federation of European Neuroscience Societies