Slots in NENS Courses in 2019
In partnership with IBRO-PERC, FENS has launched this initiative to support MSc and PhD neuroscience students - European and non-European - to broaden their knowledge and acquire international experience by participating in short courses organised by the NENS schools.
The FENS and IBRO-PERC stipends of 750 EUR each are intended to cover travel and accommodation costs for master and PhD students (European and non-European) interested in attending short courses outside the country where they are studying or residing.
Awarded NENS school courses and students in 2019:
- International Interdisciplinary Computational Cognitive Science Spring School - IICCSSS (Freiburg, Germany, 25-31 March 2019): Master of Science in Neuroscience, Freiburg, Germany.
- The FENS and IBRO-PERC stipend awardees to attend the International Interdisciplinary Computational Cognitive Science Spring School are:
- - Davide Momi (University of Chieti, Chieti, Italy)
- - Pankaj Raghuveer Sharan (All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India)
- - Leonie Glitz (University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom)
- - Yishul Wei (Netherlands Institute for Neuroscience, Amsterdam, The Netherlands)
- Pathogenesis of neurodegenerative diseases - finding a common ground (Braga, Portugal, 1-5 April 2019): Master and PhD in Health Sciences, University of Minho, Portugal.
- The FENS and IBRO-PERC stipend awardees to attend the Pathogenesis of neurodegenerative diseases - finding a common ground course are:
- - Daniel Twohig (Stockholm University, Stockholm, Sweden)
- - Marija Jakovljevic (University of Belgrade, Belgrade, Serbia )
- - Lucas A. Caldi Gomes (Göttingen University, Göttingen, Germany)
- - Aina Calls-Cobos (Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain)
- Transylvanian Experimental Neuroscience Summer School – TENSS 2019 * (Pike Lake, Romania, Transylvania, 1-21 June 2019): > SWC PhD Systems in Neuroscience, London, United Kingdom. * The amount for each of the IBRO-PERC stipends to attend TENSS is 500 EUR, while the registration fee is fully waived for the 4 selected awardees.
- The FENS and IBRO-PERC stipend awardees to attend the Transylvanian Experimental Neuroscience Summer School - TENSS 2019 are:
- - Thawann Malfatti Borges (Brain Institute of Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norto, Natal, Brazil)
- - Anna Gruzdeva (National Research Center Kurchatov Institute, Moscow, Russia)
- - Sahil Moza (National Centre for Biological Sciences, Bengaluru, India)
- - Alejandro Camera (Istituto de Fisiologia Biologia Molecular y Neurociencias (IFIBYNE), Buenos Aires, Argentina)
- Baltic Summer School on Behavioural Characterization of Rodent Models of Major Brain Disorders (Tartu/Pühajärve, Estonia, 25-30 August 2019): Doctoral Programme Brain & Mind, Helsinki, Finland.
- The FENS and IBRO-PERC stipend awardees to attend the Baltic Summer School on Behavioural Characterization of Rodent Models of Major Brain Disorders are:
- - Marta Fernandez (University of the Basque Country, Leioa, Spain)
- - Laszlo Szente (Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary)
- - Monika Siedziowska (Cardiff University, Cardiff, United Kingdom)
- - Andrea Susana Guzman (Universidad Nacional de Cordoba, Cordoba, Argentina)
- Covered in the news, read the article here!
- Neural Circuit Development and Plasticity (Utrecht, the Netherlands, 15-19 July 2019): Master Neuroscience and Cognition, Utrecht University, the Netherlands.
- The FENS and IBRO-PERC stipend awardees to attend the Neural Circuit Development and Plasticity course are:
- - Mai Ahmed (Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University, Okinawa, Japan)
- - Magdalena Pereyra (University of Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina)
- - Anton Nastenko (Bogomoletz Institute of Physiology NAS of Ukraine, Kiev, Ukraine)
- - Maria Anastasiadou (University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland)
- Drugs and the Brain: from Laboratory to Clinic (Heraklion, Crete, Greece, 1-5 October 2019): European Graduate School of Neuroscience - EURON, Maastricht, the Netherlands.
- The FENS and IBRO-PERC stipend awardees to attend the Drugs and the Brain: from Laboratory to Clinic course are:
- - Franka Rigo (University of Rijeka, Rijeka, Croatia)
- - Jorge Ferreira (University of Lisbon, Lisbon, Portugal)
- - Laura Alethia de la Fuente (National University of San Martin, Caba, Argentina)
- - Katarzyna Chorazka (Maj Institute of Pharmacology, Polish Academy of Science, Krakow, Poland)
What they say about the Slots in NENS courses
- CHET Regulations: Slots in NENS school courses