Job ID: 107265
PhD position: developmental neuroscience
Position: Ph.D. Student
Deadline: 31 July 2023
Institution: University of Tübingen
Department: Institute of Medical Psychology and Behavioral Neurobiology
The Institute of Medical Psychology and Behavioral Neurobiology (Prof. Jan Born) at the University of Tübingen is looking for a highly motivated PhD student to start as soon as possible but no later than September 1, 2023.
The position is part of the DFG Research Unit 5434 “Information abstraction during sleep” (IADS) and investigates the role of sleep in the transformation of episodic memory into persistent schema memory in infants and toddlers. We focus on the investigation of the developmental trajectory of episodic and schema memory, and on the role of specific sleep oscillations (spindles, slow oscillations) in the formation of schema memory.
- Study preparation and conducting experiments with infants and toddlers
- Analysis of behavioral, eye tracking and EEG data
- Preparation of publications
- Participation in internal colloquia and (inter-)national scientific conferences
- Master’s degree in psychology, cognitive science, neuroscience, or related field.
- Strong interest in research methods and design, as well as good statistical skills
- Very good English and German language skills
- Ideally experience with MATLAB and R
- Experience with eye tracking, as well as recording and analysis of EEG data is a plus
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Interest in developmental psychology/neuroscience research and enjoy working with children
There is the possibility to apply to the PhD program of the Graduate Training Centre of Neuroscience.
The duration of the contract is 4 years (extendable) and is remunerated according to TV-L E13 (65%). Severely disabled persons are given priority in case of equal suitability. As the University of Tübingen aims to increase the proportion of women among its academic staff, women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please send your application with a letter of motivation, CV, contact information of two references in one PDF document to:
firstname.lastname@example.org AND email@example.com