Job ID: 114547
Administrative Assistant, Federation of European Neuroscience Societies (FENS)
Position: Administrative Assistant
Deadline: 31 August 2023
Contract Length: Permanent contract (CDI, Belgium)
Institution: Federation of European Neuroscience Societies (FENS)
Department: FENS Finance and Administration
Are you looking for an interesting job in a stimulating work environment within the scientific non-profit sector? Are you service-minded and detail-oriented? If so, you could be our new colleague in the FENS administrative team in Brussels.
As Administrative Assistant, you support the smooth day-to-day functioning of the association by handling correspondence and agendas, office procurement, maintaining accurate databases and filings, meeting logistics, processing payments, researching and preparing administrative and accounting information, and supporting general organisation and team members.
- Logistical coordination of governance and committee meetings and leadership travel (meeting rooms, catering, accommodation, travel, online platform, attendee communication and tracking, gathering meeting documents and slides, etc.).
- Membership administration and communication (directory management, support, etc.).
- Financial administration (invoicing, payments, reimbursements, general ledger, etc.).
- Assistance with outreach and communication (website and social channel updates, newsletters, etc.).
- General office coordination and administration (mail, phone, supplies, subscriptions, shipments, etc.).
- General administrative support to the Finance and Administration Manager and Executive Director.
- Assistance with other tasks as needed.
The Administrative Assistant reports to the FENS Finance and Administration Manager
Qualifications and profile
- You have at least 1-3 years of relevant work experience and you are ideally the holder of a professional or academic bachelor degree. Knowledge of associations would be considered an advantage.
- You have excellent communication skills and impeccable spoken and written English. Knowledge of French and/or Dutch would be considered an advantage.
- You have strong digital literacy (MS365 incl. Office suite, databases, basic website management, online platforms and tools).
- You have high numerical literacy and an eye for detail. Experience with accounting/financial administration would be considered an advantage.
- You are well-organised, reliable, diplomatic, service-oriented and efficient. You have excellent project and time management skills.
- You are a team player but also capable of working independently.
- You enjoy working in a diverse, multi-cultural environment.
- You are legally allowed to work in Belgium.
Location and Salary
The Administrative Assistant position is a full-time position (38h per week), based in the FENS office in Brussels. The job may occasionally require flexibility in terms of working days/hours in connection with meetings and travel (within Europe). FENS offers a permanent contract (CDI, Belgium) with compensation according to the qualifications of the selected candidate. Meal vouchers, public transport and pension contributions are offered as part of the contract.
Please send your application (motivation letter, CV (two pages maximum), including two references) by 31 August 2023 to the attention of Finance and Administration Manager Birgit Krausse at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate ‘Administrative Assistant’ in the subject line of your email. Applications will be evaluated on a running basis until the position is filled and interviews will be held in Brussels in August/September. Starting date: as soon as possible thereafter.
The Federation of European Neuroscience Societies (FENS) federates 44 scientific non-profit societies across Europe and represents more than 22,000 scientists working in the field of neuroscience. Through its activities, FENS actively promotes scientific exchange and education among European neuroscientists and serves as the main Europe voice for neuroscience on behalf of its members towards the European institutions and international partners in a global context. The FENS office currently has ten employees.