Job ID: 114553
Head of Organoids Platform – 100%
Position: Head of Organoids Platform
Deadline: 31 August 2023
Employment Start Date: 1 November 2023
Contract Length: 1 year, renewable
Institution: University of Lausanne
Department: Department of Fundamental Neurosciences, FBM
University of Lausanne (UNIL) is a leading international teaching and research institution, with over 5,000 employees and 17,000 students split between its Dorigny campus, CHUV and Epalinges. As an employer, UNIL encourages excellence, individual recognition and responsibility.
The Department of Fundamental Neurosciences (DNF, http://www.unil.ch/dnf) and FBM are seeking to strengthen their research program in the field of induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSC) / organoids to study the nervous system development and connectivity, as well as disorders of the nervous system by using cellular neurophysiological techniques combined with functional imaging, optogenetics, behavior, and single-cell omics. Other research directions will encompass oncology and other fields relevant to biomedical sciences.
Expected start date in position : 01.11.2023 or to be agreed
Contract length : 1 year, renewable
Activity rate : 100%
Workplace : Lausanne, Bugnon
In your functions, you will have to :
- Manage the organoids platform
- Provide scientific and technical support to the different users of the platform
- Supervise platform technicians
- Be involved in the implementation of equipment and projects
- Ensure scientific and technological monitoring in the fields of iPSCs and organoids
- Apply and maintain biosafety and bioethics standards
We are seeking an energetic and well-organized scientist to head the newly created iPSC/organoid platform of DNF/FBM. The facility will focus on human and rodent iPSC and organoids, tissue engineering, single-cell and in-situ genome and proteome assays. Projects include organoid and assembloid development, studies of neuronal and glial function.
This position integrates both administrative and laboratory management responsibilities and serves as a key partner for PIs and trainees in their work in the platform.
- PhD in biology/neuroscience or a related life science field
- At least three years of research experience in the field of iPSC/organoids
Additional Qualifications and Skills
- Experience in management or project management
- Demonstrated experience in the field of stem cells, iPSCs, or organoids
- Evidence of strong organizational skills, and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of expertise in data analysis and administrative software
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, respond quickly to changing priorities, and work with a high degree of independence
What the position offers you
We offer a nice working place in a multicultural, diverse and dynamic academic environment. Opportunities for professional training, a lot of activities and other benefits to discover.
Contact for further information
For more information, contact Prof. Jean-Yves Chatton, Director of the DNF (email@example.com). Detailed job description is available on the website https://www.unil.ch/fbm/home/menuinst/la-releve-academique/emploiopen-positions/postes-academiques–mer.html
Deadline : 31.08.2023
Please, send your full application in Word or PDF.
Only applications through this website will be taken into account.
We thank you for your understanding.