Job ID: 116473
Research Technician at the University of Lausanne
Deadline: 5 November 2023
Employment Start Date: 1 January 2024
Contract Length: 1 year, with possibility of renewal
Institution: University of Lausanne
Department: Department of Biomedical Sciences
We are seeking a passionate research technician to join our team at the University of Lausanne, in the Microglia Biology Lab at the Department of Biomedical Sciences. Our work aims at understanding how microglia contribute to brain pathologies. The chosen candidate will work specifically on a project focused on the role of SHIP1 in the control of microglial function, combining in vitro and ex vivo systems with genetics and pharmacological approaches. Main experimental techniques will include basic molecular biology (isolation of proteins, RNA and DNA, Western blots, qPCRs), cell culture and CRISPR/Cas9 genome editing, and confocal imaging. Candidates familiar with cell culture work are particularly welcome.
- Experience in cell culture, molecular biology, and biochemistry techniques;
- Collaborative attitude and good interpersonal skills;
- Very good organizational skills, project and time management ability;
- A proactive approach to achieving tasks and objectives;
- Good spoken and written English.
The University of Lausanne is a higher teaching and research institution composed of seven faculties where approximately 15,000 students and nearly 5,000 collaborators, professors, and researchers work and study. Ideally situated along the lake of Geneva, near Lausanne’s city center, its campus brings together over 120 nationalities.
We offer a competitive salary and a vibrant, interactive working environment.
Application procedure and deadline:
- Cover letter briefly describing previous research, scientific interests, and why the candidate thinks s/he would be a fit;
- Recent CV;
- Contact details of at least 2 referees.
For further details about the project and application, please contact directly: email@example.com