Job ID: 116769
Communications Assistant, Federation of European Neuroscience Societies (FENS)
Position: Communications Assistant
Deadline: 1 November 2023
Institution: Federation of European Neuroscience Societies (FENS)
Department: FENS Communications
Would you like to support the strategic and operational communications of the neuroscience community in Europe and globally? Do you have experience with social media and high-level promotional activities and events? If yes, then apply to join the FENS team in Brussels, Belgium!
- Deliver engaging and impactful social media content on all FENS social media channels
- Create content and designs for use on FENS websites, newsletters and promotional materials
- Record and analyse online and in-person event statistics
- Sourcing, creating, and publishing content in the form of images, infographics, videos, podcasts, interviews, etc.
- Stay up to date with trends and latest social media, communications and marketing developments
- Help source, compare and recommend promotional materials and service providers
- Assist the FENS Communication Committee with activities, webinars, meetings, and sessions
- Support the FENS Communication Committee Chair with reporting to FENS governance
The Communications Assistant reports to the FENS Communications Manager, and works closely with other team members to ensure visibility, promotion and impact of all FENS activities.
Qualifications and profile
- University degree in a relevant discipline (preferably in communications or closely related field) with previous relevant experience. Experience with international non-profit scientific organisations and science communication would be considered an advantage.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Mother tongue English speaker preferred but those with a fluent command of spoken and written English at a professional level will be considered.
- Proven experience with social media, website and event and marketing promotion.
- Experience in tracking budgets and reporting on KPIs.
- Excellent technical skills (e.g., WordPress, Mailchimp, Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office, Google analytics, SEO, podcasting, Canva, video/animation production, etc.) and prioritisation of tasks.
- Creative, organised, detail- and service-oriented, culturally sensitive, diplomatic, team player, able to work under tight deadlines and quickly changing conditions.
- Responsible, reliable and motivated to work for an international non-profit scientific organisation
- Legally allowed to work in Belgium
Location and benefits
The position of Communications Assistant is a full-time position (38h per week), based in the FENS office in Brussels, Belgium. The job may occasionally require flexibility in terms of working days/hours in connection with meetings and travel. FENS offers a permanent contract (CDI, Belgium) with compensation according to the qualifications of the selected candidate. Meal vouchers are offered as part of the contract.
Please submit your CV, letter of motivation and names and contact details of two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating ‘FENS Communications Assistant’ in the subject line. Applications will be evaluated on a running basis and the call will be open until the position is filled. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview and will be asked to complete a short competence-based test. Starting date: November 2023.
The Federation of European Neuroscience Societies (FENS) is an international non-profit organisation with 44 scientific member societies across Europe, representing over 22,000 scientists working in the field of brain research. Through its activities, FENS actively promotes scientific exchange and education among European neuroscientists and serves as the main European voice for neuroscience on behalf of its members towards the European institutions and global partners.
FENS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex or gender, marital or parental status, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, citizenship/nationality, age, religion, belief, or disability. All eligible candidates are welcome to apply.
More information about FENS is available on www.fens.org