Job ID: 116967
Post doc in neuroscience of motor control
Position: Post-doctoral Position
Deadline: 20 November 2023
Employment Start Date: 15 February 2024
Contract Length: 3 years
Institution: University of Copenhagen
Department: Department of Neuroscience
Postdoc in neuroscience of motor control
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen
The lab by PI Rune W. Berg is looking for a highly motivated and dynamic researcher for a 3-year position to start 15 February 2024.
The person will be performing the following:
1) experimental recording of neurons in the brain and spinal cord of awake behaving rats using Neuropixels and Neuronexus electrodes combined with optogenetics.
2) Analyze the large amount of data generated from these experiments, including tissue processing.
3) Participate in the development of the new theory of motor control.
Among relevant recent publications from the lab are:
Lab web page:
We strive towards composing a lab with a creative and diverse environment with members of different backgrounds and expertise. The purpose is to cultivate ideas and new ways of thinking since this often foster breakthrough.
Essential experience and skills:
- You have a PhD degree.
- You are highly experienced in in-vivo awake-behaving animal physiology.
- You have extensive coding skills in either python/matlab or similar languages.
- Proficient communication skills and ability to work in teams.
- Excellent English skills written and spoken.
Desirable experience and skills:
- Experience in making figures in Adobe Creative Suite or similar software.
- Experience/knowledge in viral and genetic techniques.
- Experience in immunohistochemistry, In situ hybridization, RNAscope, and similar techniques.
Place of employment
The place of employment is at the Department of Neuroscience, University of Copenhagen. We offer creative and stimulating working conditions in a dynamic and international research environment. Our research facilities include modern laboratories and animal surgeries.
Terms of employment
The employment as a postdoc is a full-time and fixed-term position for 3 years. The starting date is 15 February 2024.