Job ID: 53325
PhD Position Molecular Neuromedicine
Position: Ph.D. Student
Deadline: 15 July 2021
Contract Length: 3 years
Institution: Forschungszentrum Jülich Institute
Within the framework of the Helmholtz European Partnering Project “Innovative high performance computing approaches for molecular neuromedicine”, funded last year:
We are offering a joint PhD position in cooperation with the Institute of Neuroscience and Medicine – Nuclear Chemistry (INM-5), the Institute of Neuroscience and Medicine – Computational Biomedicine (INM-9) and the Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia in Genova (IIT). The overall goal of the project is the establishment of new lines of research in HPC for molecular neurobiology and neuroactive drug design. In particular, the candidate will develop and run in vitro assays and assays in neurons derived from iPS cells to test new compounds against D2 and isocitrate dehydrogenase 1 (IDH1), which are relevant for neurodevelopmental disorders.
We are looking to recruit a PhD Position – Molecular Neuromedicine
• Develop and run biochemical assays in vitro, ex vivo (brain slices) and in neurons derived from iPS cells to discover and characterize new drugs for CNS
• The work will be carried out in the IIT in Genova, Italy
• Excellent university degree (Master) in biology, medicine, biochemistry, or any other natural science
• Previous experience with molecular biology and biochemistry, neuronal primary culture and iPS cells in the field of neuroscience
• Excellent knowledge of written and oral English
• Interactive person with good communication skills
• Used to work in international teams
We work on the very latest issues that impact our society and are offering you the chance to actively help in shaping the change! We offer ideal conditions for you to complete your doctoral degree:
• Outstanding scientific and technical infrastructure
• Opportunity to participate in (international) conferences and project meetings
• Continuous scientific mentoring by your scientific advisor
• Further development of your personal strengths, e.g. via a comprehensive further training programme
• A structured doctoral degree programme for you and your supervisors with a comprehensive further training and networking package on our doctoral researchers’ platform JuDocs. https://www.fz-juelich.de/judocs
The position is initially for a fixed term of 3 years. Pay in line with 70 % of pay group 13 of the Collective Agreement for the Public Service (TVöD-Bund) and additionally 60 % of a monthly salary as special payment („Christmas bonus“). Further information on doctoral degrees at Forschungszentrum Jülich including our other locations is available at: www.fz-juelich.de/gp/Careers_Docs.
Place of Employment: Genova (Italy).
Forschungszentrum Jülich promotes equal opportunities and diversity in its employment relations.
We also welcome applications from disabled persons.
We look forward to receiving your application until 15.07.2021 via our Online-Recruitment-System!
Questions about the vacancy? Get in touch with us by using our contact form.
Please note that for technical reasons we cannot accept applications via email.