Job ID: 58996
Postdoctoral position in regulation of metabolism
Position: Post-doctoral Position
Deadline: 30 September 2021
Contract Length: Full-time work contract for at least 18 months, with an intended extension depending on performance up to 60 months
Institution: The Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS
Place of work: Dioscuri Centre for Metabolic Diseases
Researcher career profiles (R1-R4): R2
Field of science: Physiology, Metabolism
Type of recruitment: NCN Sonata Bis 10
· Doctoral degree in the field of molecular biology, biochemistry, biology or biotechnology, obtained not earlier than 7 years before the year of employment in the project (not including maternity leaves);
· Good spoken and written English;
· Experience in cell culture, molecular biology and/or biochemistry techniques; expertise in working with mice or other rodents will be in plus;
· Very good organizational skills, especially project and time management skills;
· Proactive approach to achieving tasks and objectives, good interpersonal skills, a collaborative attitude.
Postdoctoral position is available at the laboratory of dr Grzegorz Sumara sponsored by the Dioscuri Center of Excellence (supported by the Max Planck Society and the Polish National Science Center), ERC Starting Grant and EMBO Installation Grant. The laboratory is located at the at the Nencki Institute of Polish Academy of Sciences in Warsaw, Poland.
The Nencki Institute is a leading research institute in Poland focused on different aspects of physiology and neurobiology and offers state-of-the-art research facilities and a vibrant, international scientific community: https://www.nencki.edu.pl/
The position is available within Sonata Bis project (“Strategies to increase the performance of skeletal muscles and brown adipose tissue to combat obesity and related diseases”) financed for 5 years by the National Science Center.
The main aim of our laboratory is to understand the cross-talk of different classes of signaling molecules in regulation of metabolic homeostasis. We are especially interested in unraveling novel signaling modules promoting adipose tissue, skeletal muscles and intestine dysfunction during metabolic diseases such as obesity, type 2 diabetes as well as cancer-associated cachexia. Ambitious projects are available to investigate the impact of kinase-mediated signaling cascades on different aspects of muscle and adipose tissue metabolism using genetic, biochemical and high-throughput screening approaches.
Fellowship will be according to the guidelines of the National Science Center and can be financed for up to 60 months.
· Full-time work contract for at least 18 months, with an intended extension depending on performance up to 60 months;
· Gross monthly remuneration: 10 000 PLN/month, net approx. 6000 PLN/month;
· Benefits including reduced-rate for an individual medical care package and membership in the MultiSport program;
· Work in a multidisciplinary, international team, in a very dynamic organization, with multiple opportunities for professional development, participation in courses, scientific training, support from peers, and academic mentoring
· Administrative and organizational support from professional English-speaking personnel.
· The starting date is negotiable.
Application procedure and deadline:
A SINGLE PDF file composed of a cover letter stating the past and future research interests, CV and publication list as well as contact details to at least two potential referees (including Ph.D. supervisor) should be sent to email@example.com
In the subject include “Postdoc GS:” and your first and last name.
Only selected candidates will be invited for a scientific interview, to demonstrate their achievements and present their own research interests.
Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal information protection clauses to be included in application documents:
Please include the following clause in your CV:
I give consent for my personal data included in the recruitment form to be processed by Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS with its registered seat in Warsaw at Pasteur Street No. 3 (data controller) for the purposes of recruitment for post-doc position pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC in compliance with a legal obligation to which the data controller is subject to (Art. 6 section 1 letter a) and the Act on personal data protection of 10 May 2018 (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1000).
The Controller of data is Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS with its registered seat in Warsaw at Pasteur Street No. 3. Contact Details of the Personal Data Protection Officer: email@example.com
Personal data in the recruitment form is collected and will be processed only for the purposes of recruitment for postdoctoral researcher position conducted by Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS.
Giving consent for processing of your personal data is voluntary; however, it is necessary in order to take part in recruitment. I hereby state that I was informed about the right to withdraw my consent at any time. The withdrawal of the consent does not influence the lawfulness of any processing performed before the consent withdrawal.
Personal data collected in order to perform the recruitment process shall be processed throughout the period of time necessary for the organization and completion of the recruitment process, as well as for considering a possible complaint; however, not longer than up to 30.11.2021.
Personal data will not be transferred to a third party.
You have the right to request the data controller for access to your personal data, to edit or limit its processing, as well as to raise an objection or transfer your data. You are also entitled to file a complaint to the supervisory body (President of the Office for Personal Data Protection).