Job ID: 61358
PostDoc / Researcher Position in Neurodegeneration Research / Drug Research / PET tracer development
Position: Post-doctoral Position
Deadline: 28 October 2021
Employment Start Date: 3 January 2022
Contract Length: 3 years
Institution: University of Oslo / MEF/ KlinMED
The position will be based at the Translational Neurodegeneration Research and Neuropathology Lab (www.pahnkelab.eu).
The lab has received funding within the Joint Programme of Neurodegenerative Diseases (JPND) announcement for the project PETABC together with international partners from Germany, the Czech Republic, Sweden, Latvia, France, and Austria. The project part in Oslo plans to perform new developments and in vivo testing of newly developed PET tracers for ABC A7 and C1 transporters in mouse lines and on slides/cell culture. After development in the lab, we also plan to perform a patient study at one of our partners’ institution.
The main purpose of the fellowship is to qualify researchers for work in higher academic positions within their disciplines.
The position is also open for candidates who have completed a Postdoctoral Research Fellow period at the University of Oslo. These candidates will be evaluated for a three-year position as Researcher (SKO 1109).
- Applicants must hold a degree equivalent to a Norwegian PhD/doctoral degree in neurodegeneration research, neuroscience, pharmacology etc.
- extensive experience with PET imaging, preferably brain imaging
- extensive experience in working with mouse models of brain diseases, preferably transgene models (e.g. APP-tg)
- extensive experience in handling transgenic and knockout mouse models, as well as breeding and multiplex genotyping
- good experience in behavioral testing of mouse models
- good experience with the treatment of mouse models
- experience in the function of ABC transporters and the use of in vitro functional assays
- a FELASA B certificate or similar approval / allowance certificate for the work with genetically modified organisms
- a track record of publications in the field of neurodegenerative diseases / pharmacological treatment of mice
- a practical background in neurodegeneration research, zoology, molecular biology, pharmacology is of advantage
- experience in using Excel spreadsheets and Access databases; programming expertise of tools or perform analysis in VisualBasic, Python, R is of help
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English