Job ID: 81191
Post-doctoral position for the study of a novel therapeutic approach for Angelman Syndrome, Pisa, Italy
Position: Post-doctoral Position
Deadline: 15 August 2022
Employment Start Date: 1 October 2022
Contract Length: 1 year (renewable)
Institution: Nanoscience Institute/Neuroscience Institute, CNR
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated postdoc to carry out a multidisciplinary research project integrating nanomedicine, chemistry, and neuroscience.
The project, titled Innovative brain-targeting nano-tools and imaging methods for therapeutic development in Angelman Syndrome (InnovAS), has been funded by the international Angelman Syndrome Alliance. We aim to provide novel therapeutic tools for Angelman Syndrome (AS), a severe neurodevelopmental disorder with genetic origin. We will devise a brain-delivery strategy based on biocompatible nanoparticles for the intranasal administration of therapeutic antisense oligonucleotides. After a first step of in vitro validation, this tool will be investigated in vivo. Quantitative biomarkers for the efficacy study will be also analyzed in preclinical models and patients.
We search a junior postdoc with experience in at least some of the following activities/ topics:
– Development, synthesis, and full chemico-physical characterization of nanoparticles made of biocompatible polymers.
– Expertise in nanoformulation, nanomedicine, nanotechnology.
– Surface chemical functionalizations [e.g., peptides, nanoparticles], measurements with quartz microbalance (QCM).
– Culture of neuronal cell lines and primary murine neurons, and cellular assays (e.g., study of cell morphology, viability, migration, functional assays, protein quantification); cell biology and biochemistry techniques.
– Experience in preparation, processing and analysis of tissues and cells (histology, immunocyto/histo-chemistry techniques).
– Confocal microscopy on live and fixed samples.
– PCR, RT-PCR, genotyping analysis.
– Handling of mice, behavioral testing, physiological measures, imaging.
Positive attitude, independence, organizational and planning skills, abilities in networking, team building skills, fast learning, as well as passion and commitment are requested.
- Master degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology, Material Science, Biomedical Engineering, Biology, Biotechnology or similar topics;
- PhD in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering, Biology, Neuroscience, or similar topics OR at least 3 years of experience in research (in the above sectors).
Based on the background of the winner, the role in the project will be evaluated.
Position= 1 year, renewable. The period of employment is 1 year but can be extended up to 3 years, depending on the achieved results/performance.
The expected starting date of this position is September-October 2022.
The project will be conducted in close collaboration between the Nanoscience Institute and the Neuroscience Institute of the Italian National Research Council (CNR), in Pisa (Italy).
Contacts: Please contact us for further information or details