Job ID: 83538
Post-Doc Position (m/f/d)
Position: Post-doctoral Position
Deadline: 5 July 2022
Contract Length: 3 Years
Institution: Forschungsgesellschaft für Arbeitsphysiologie und Arbeitsschutz e.V. Dortmund (IfADo)
Department: Psychology and Neurosciences
‘Forschungsgesellschaft für Arbeitsphysiologie und Arbeitsschutz e.V. Dortmund’ (legal entity name) is a research institution institutionally funded by the German Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs and the State of North Rhine-Westphalia. It is the sponsor of ’Leibniz Research Centre for Working Environment and Human Factors at TU Dortmund’ (IfADo). IfADo explores the risks and potentials of modern work in interdisciplinary approaches. We combine the disciplines of Ergonomics, Immunology, Toxicology, Psychology and Neurosciences.
The Department ‘Psychology and Neurosciences’ is looking for the following to start as soon as possible
a Post-Doc Position (m/f/d)
in Rodent Brain Physiology. The position is initially limited to 3 years.
- Heading a laboratory dedicated to brain stimulation approaches in rodents
- Design and conduct experimental work in this area, including invasive and non-invasive brain stimulation in vivo, electrophysiological recordings of brain activity and excitability, pharmacological interventions, calcium imaging using 2-photon microscopy, optogenetics, animal disease models
- Collaboration with the department’s human neuromodulation unit, neurotoxicology, animal behavioral laboratory
- Initiation of external funding
- Graduates holding a PhD in Psychology, Biology, Neuroscience, Engineering, Medicine or related specialities
- Expertise in rodent models of brain stimulation, including DC stimulation
- Expertise regarding measures and analysis of in vivo brain excitability and activity measures
- Expertise in calcium imaging, optogenetics, and/or animal models of CNS disease is a plus
- Team player, flexibility, high motivation
- Ability to work independently, high interest in keeping up with innovations
- Excellent English language proficiencies
- A full-time position with currently 39,83 working hours per week
- Remuneration according to the collective agreement for the public service (position EG 13 TV-L. The classification depends on the collective agreement and personal requirements)
- All social benefits provided by working for the public service: e.g. an annual bonus, payment of benefits
- Flexible working time models for the compatibility of family and career
- An interesting occupation with room for development of own scientific ideas, which fosters your professional career
- An up-to-date working environment, including a friendly and competent research team
The IfADo promotes professional equality for all genders and is certified accordingly.
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications – regardless of gender, disability, nationality or ethnic and social origin. Where appropriate, there is also the possibility of part-time work.
General information about the Research Centre can be found here www.ifado.de.
If you have questions, please contact Prof. Dr. Nitsche, email@example.com, Phone.: 0231/1084-301/302.
Have we aroused your interest?
Then please send your meaningful application documents with a CV including the reference code “PostDoc Nagetier” until 05th of July 2022, preferably by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternative you can send your application* by post to the following address:
Forschungsgesellschaft für Arbeitsphysiologie
und Arbeitsschutz e.V.
*(We ask that application documents be submitted preferably by email or only in copies and not in folders, as the documents will not be returned. These will be destroyed in accordance with data protection regulations after the retention period has expired.)