Job ID: 84711
Position: Post-doctoral Position
Deadline: 22 July 2022
Institution: Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology of the Polish Academy of Sciences
The Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS is seeking a candidate for the position of:
Number of available positions: 1
Place of work: Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology, Polish Academy of Sciences
Researcher career profiles (R1-R4): R2
Field of science: Neuroscience
The ideal candidate has:
- Strong interest in Neuroscience research, especially on understanding brain-mind connection
- PhD degree, or equivalent, in neuroscience, molecular biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, biology, psychology, physics, medical or veterinary sciences (optionally, for candidates who, at the time of application, did not complete their PhD studies, please provide the expected date of obtaining PhD degree)
- Exceptional motivation for scientific research (demonstrated via publications, references of the candidate’s thesis tutor)
- Proficiency in English
- Prior training in neurosciences will be considered advantageous
Project leaders: Prof. Leszek Kaczmarek (Laboratory of Neurobiology)
Project title: Nencki-EMBL Center of Excellence for Neural Plasticity and Brain Disorders: BRAINCITY
Project is carried out within the MAB/IRA programme of the Foundation for Polish Science
Molecular and cellular mechanisms of synaptic plasticity
Within the Nencki-EMBL Center of Excellence for Neural Plasticity and Brain Disorders: BRAINCITY (https://braincity.nencki.edu.pl/), our research focuses on synaptic plasticity that underlies, e.g., learning and memory, as well as development of epilepsy, schizophrenia, drug addiction or autism spectrum disorders. The major molecules we study are c-Fos transcription regulator and its targets: matrix metalloproteinase-9, MMP-9 and tissue inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinase, TIMP-1 (https://neurogene2.nencki.gov.pl/). We employ a variety of experimental approaches from biochemistry to molecular biology, to cell biology, including fluorescent and light sheet microscopic imaging, to electrophysiology, to animal behavior, as well as we collaborate with clinicians to pursue joint human research.
Postdoctoral candidates are welcome to propose their own research project, that would be complementary to our research.
Key responsibilities include:
- Planning and conducting experimental work
- Data analysis
- Manuscript preparation
- Supervision of PhD students
Job starting date: August 2022 or later
Duration of the position: max. period of employment 31.12.2023
Application procedure and deadline:
Closing date for applications: July 22, 2022.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org Please, use ”Postdoc MAB LK” as a title of your message.
- Full-time employment contract in the top-ranked research institute in Poland.
- Access to state-of-the-art equipment and support from other experienced researchers.
- Possibility for extensive interdisciplinary collaborations within the team and in the Institute, as well as international collaborations with academia
- Remuneration amount/month: 15 000 PLN of full remuneration cost, i.e. expected net salary at c.a. 9 000 PLN/month (ca. 2 000 EUR/month)
Required documents (in English):
- 2 letters of recommendation to be sent separately to email@example.com with a note “Postdoc MAB LK”.
- Copy of PhD diploma (or thesis title and expected date of defense)
- Contact information, including e-mail address and phone number
- The candidates may include additional information or copies of documents/certificates in support of the application
You can use the foreign equivalent of a Polish academic degree if it meets at least one of the following criteria:
- is covered by the provisions of an international agreement on the equivalence of education,
- was issued by an authorized institution operating in an EU, OECD or EFTA Member State,
- was issued in another country and recognized on the basis of the regulations on the recognition of academic degrees obtained abroad (learn more about the procedure for the recognition of academic degrees: https://nawa.gov.pl/en/recognition/recognition-for-professional- purposes/recognition-of-scientific-degrees-and-titles
For more details about the position please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Euraxess job/stipend offer (in case of PhD and postdoc positions): EURAXESS offer ID: 802413
Please include the following clause in your CV: “I give consent for my personal data included in the recruitment form to be processed by Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS with its registered seat in Warsaw at Pasteur Street No. 3 (data controller) for the purposes of recruitment for Post-doctoral researcher position pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC in compliance with a legal obligation to which the data controller is subject to (Art. 6 section 1 letter a) and the Act on personal data protection of 10 May 2018 (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1000).”
The Controller of data is Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS with its registered seat in Warsaw at Pasteur Street No. 3.
Contact Details of the Personal Data Protection Officer: email@example.com
Personal data in the recruitment form is collected and will be processed only for the purposes of recruitment for the Postdoc position conducted by Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS.
Giving consent for processing of your personal data is voluntary; however, it is necessary in order to take part in recruitment. I hereby state that I was informed about the right to withdraw my consent at any time. The withdrawal of the consent does not influence the lawfulness of any processing performed before the consent withdrawal.
Personal data collected in order to perform the recruitment process shall be processed throughout the period of time necessary for the organisation and completion of the recruitment process, as well as for considering a possible complaint; however, not longer than up to 31 December 2022.
Personal data will not be transferred to a third party.
You have the right to request the data controller for access to your personal data, to edit or limit its processing, as well as to raise an objection or transfer your data. You are also entitled to file a complaint to the supervisory body (President of the Office for Personal Data Protection or to the Inspector General for the Protection of Personal Data).