Job ID: 95810
Laboratory Technician Position at Heidelberg University
Deadline: 30 September 2022
Employment Start Date: 1 January 2023
Laboratory Technician Position
The Department of Neurobiology at Heidelberg University is looking to hire a 50% BTA (TV-L 9) from 01.01.2023.
What are your primary tasks?
- Preparation of primary neuronal cultures from hippocampus, cortex, and spinal cord
- Cultivation and differentiation of induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) and iPSC-derived neurons and human organoids
- General laboratory organization (preparation and aliquoting of solutions and media, procurement of chemicals and laboratory materials, supervision of equipment)
- Independent planning and carrying out of laboratory tasks
- Excellent record-keeping
What are your qualifications?
- Completed studies as a BTA, MTA, or equivalent; or a bachelor’s degree in the biological or biomedical sciences
- Experience working in cell culture
- Willingness to learn new techniques
- Ability to work in a team
- Good communication skills in English
What do we offer?
- Permanent employment contract
- Attractive and modern laboratory environment
- Flexible schedule
- Pleasant working atmosphere in an international institute
We would love to hear from you! Please send your application, including letter of motivation, CV, and credentials via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.