Job ID: 95960
Postdoctoral position in Novara, University of Piemonte Orientale
Position: Post-doctoral Position
Deadline: 31 October 2022
Institution: University of Piemonte Orientale
Department: Dept, Pharmaceutical Sciences
We are seeking a postdoctoral fellow for a project aimed at better understanding the deregulation of neuroplasticity, and in particular of adult neurogenesis and gliogenesis, in aging and in neurodegenerative disorders including, but not limited to, Alzheimer’s disease. The research activities will take place at the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences of the University of Piemonte Orientale (UPO), Novara, Italy in the lab of Mariagrazia Grilli, MD PhD.
Expertise in one or more of these areas is highly desirable: 1) cellular and molecular neuroscience; 2) animal models for neurological diseases, behavioral analysis and imaging; 3) viral gene transfer approaches; 4) state of the art imaging approaches on fixed and live cells/tissue; 5) expertise in single-cell or single-nuclei analyses.
We are looking for a motivated, critical and creative individual with a background and research experience in neurobiology, pharmacology or a related field and interested in a scientific career. The ideal candidate is able of working independently and collaboratively, and is highly proactive. The candidate should be team oriented, open to provide and receive feedback from lab members and enthusiastic to engage in scientific discussions, with a problem-solving attitude.
Required experience and skills for application consideration:
- You have a Ph.D. in Neuroscience, neuropharmacology or related sciences.
- You have a strong interest in the molecular basis of CNS diseases and in the identification of potential novel therapeutic targets
- Research planning and organization skills
- Experience in mentoring students and junior scientists
- Ability to properly and timely report, organize, and publish research data
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
Place of employment
You will be employed at the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences (DSF), University of Piemonte Orientale (UPO), Novara, Italy. At DSF we offer working conditions in a multidisciplinary research environment and the possibility to take full advantage of state of the art UPO facilities including, among others, the Advanced Microscopy Unit, Genomics and Transcriptomics Unit, Next-Gen flow Cytometry and Sorting Unit, Metabolomics and Proteomics Units, Bioinformatics and Protein Technologies services.
- Responsibility for the design, execution, data analysis and interpretation of experiments;
- Development and implementation of technical advances;
- Presenting results in meetings and conferences;
- Preparation of scientific publications;
- Ability to search and establish collaborative work;
- Involvement in grant writing
The postdoc will supervise Master’s students and potentially also PhD students. If interested, the postdoc can get some exposure to teaching in Master’s courses. In the long run, development of an independent research project that can be transferred to a future position is possible and highly encouraged.
The position will become available in November 2022 and needs to be filled as soon as possible. The starting date is flexible but ideally Dec 2022/Jan 2023. We offer a renewable contract on a yearly basis up to 3 years.
To apply for this position, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org a single PDF file including
- Motivated letter of application (max. one page).
- CV including education, work/research experience, publications and a detailed list of technical knowledge and skills
- Name/contact of 2-3 reference persons (one should be PhD supervisor)
Please contact email@example.com for any additional question you may need.