Individual FENS membership
Individuals can join FENS via their national or single-discipline society or by applying for individual membership.
Who can apply for individual membership
Individual membership is available for scientists who are based in a country which does not have a national neuroscience society.
Individual member benefits
Individual members enjoy an extensive package of benefits:
- - Reduced-rate registration at the FENS Forum, FRM and Brain Conferences
- - Eligibility for selected travel grants
- - Free abstract slot submission at SfN annual meetings
- - Unlimited free submissions to the FENS Job Market
- - Free online access to FENS journal, EJN
- - Discounts on subscriptions to several other top neuroscience journals
- - Access to Neuronline, the SfN online platform
Individual member rates
Individual members pay an annual membership fee.
Scientists who are affiliated with a research performing institution or company.
Individuals pursuing a research career through enrollment in a degree granting institution (PhD and MSc). Proof of enrollment is required. Student members automatically become regular members during the year following graduation.
Scientists with an emeritus status at their institution.
Members in countries with developing economies
Members residing in a country with a developing economy, as defined by the World Bank criteria, are eligible for discounted individual member rates.
||Fee reduction (%)
||Annual membership fees (2021)
Low income economies
Submitting your membership application
Complete this short (2-minute) form in order to begin the application process. Please note that if you are applying for student or emeritus membership, you will be asked to provide proof of your status.
In case of any issues or questions, feel free to get in touch with the FENS team at email@example.com.