Travel grants for the FENS Forum
Deadline: 9 Feb 2024
Funding body: FENS
FENS offers travel grants of up to EUR 750 each for students and early career researchers to attend the FENS Forum 2024, taking place from 25-29 June in Vienna, Austria.
Travel grant application is integrated into the abstract submission process and is valid for both the FENS and IBRO-PERC travel grants. Only participants who are registered and paid for onsite participation and who have submitted poster abstracts can apply for FENS and IBRO-PERC travel grants. Your application will only be considered for the travel grants if you are eligible. Applicants may be eligible for both travel grants. Discover the IBRO-PERC travel grant eligibility criteria here.
- Opening date: 29 November 2023
- Deadline: 9 February 2024, 23:59 CET
Note that the deadline for travel grant applications will be strictly applied and will not be postponed.
Eligibility Criteria for the FENS Travel Grants
- You are a PhD student or a postdoctoral fellow.
- You have registered for the FENS Forum 2024 as an onsite participant.
- You have submitted an abstract as the first author for an onsite presentation.
- You are presenting an abstract.
- You have a letter of support from your current supervisor/PI.
You are not eligible to apply if:
- You are a resident of Austria.
- You were awarded a FENS/IBRO-PERC travel grant to attend the FENS Forum 2022
- You have received other sources of funding or a different grant to attend the Forum 2024.
Due to European Union sanctions, FENS is forbidden, by its financial institution, to make direct or indirect transactions with the following major sanctioned countries: Crimea, Russia, Cuba, Sudan, Iran, North Korea and Syria. Thus, FENS travel grants, unfortunately, cannot be awarded to applicants from these countries. More information is available here.
- The winner must present themselves personally at the FENS booth during the Forum.
- The travel grant will be paid by bank transfer after the FENS Forum 2024.
- Other methods of transfer (cash, Paypal, etc) are not possible.
- If the awardee does not personally come to the Forum (illness, not obtaining a visa, etc.), the travel grant will not be awarded and cannot be transferred to another person, even if they are presenting the same abstract.
- Please note that applicants are eligible to receive one stipend to attend FENS meetings per year.
Additional grant opportunities
Additional grant opportunities from FENS societies and partners can be found here.
You may also be interested in the Early Career Training Programme (ECTP). ECTP is a short stay laboratory programme taking place in Austria and Hungary and generously supported by FENS and the IBRO Pan-European Regional Committee.
Only eligible applicants who are not awarded a travel grant have 10 business days after travel grants notifications to cancel their registration and request a refund minus EUR 30 handling fees. Abstract submission fee will not be refunded.
Please read carefully the Forum abstract withdrawal policy.