Travel grants for the FENS Forum
Deadline: 22 Feb 2022
Funding body: FENS, IBRO-PERC, FENS Societies, partners
Application for the FENS/IBRO-PERC Travel Grants will open at the time of registration for the FENS Forum 2022. Applications are submitted as part of the abstract submission for the FENS Forum 2022.
FENS and IBRO-PERC are jointly offering travel grants (750 Euro each) for students and young investigators to attend the FENS Forum 2022.
Online applications can be submitted until the early registration deadline – 22 February 2022 (midnight CET). Note that the deadline for travel grant applications will be strictly applied and will not be postponed.
The FENS/IBRO-PERC Travel Grants will be paid by bank transfer after the winner has presented themselves personally at the FENS booth during the FENS Forum 2022.
Please note that only participants who registered and paid can apply for the grant. The travel grant application is part of the abstract submission process.
Eligibility Criteria for the FENS/IBRO-PERC Travel Grants
- You are a PhD student or a postdoctoral fellow
- You have registered for the FENS Forum 2022 as an onsite participant
- You have submitted an abstract as first author for an onsite presentation
- You have to receive support from your current supervisor/PI
You are not eligible to apply if:
- You reside in the country where the Forum is taking place
- You have received a FENS/IBRO-PERC grant for the previous Forum 2020. The successful grant applicants for FENS Forum 2020 can be found here: List of FENS-IBRO-PERC grant awardees.
As soon as you have completed your application, an email will be sent to the person that you designated to support your application (supervisor or department head). This person will be asked to submit his/her support for your application electronically (no letter of recommendation required). Please make sure that you have received his/her consent beforehand, that the email address is correct and that you apply early enough to leave time for this person to submit his/her agreement electronically before the deadline on 24 February 2022 (midnight CET).
Please note that applicants are eligible to receive one stipend for FENS activities per year
- Deadline for submission: 22 February 2022 (midnight CET)
- Deadline for supervisor’s support: 24 February 2022 (midnight CET)
- Announcement of travel grant recipients: April 2022
Please note that when applying for a FENS/IBRO-PERC Travel Grant, you can also apply for the Young Investigator Training Programme. YITP is a summer research stay programme taking place in French laboratories. Please see the YITP page for more information.
Additional grant opportunities
Additional grant opportunities from FENS societies and other partners can be found here.