Scientific publishing by scientists for scientists
The European Journal of Neuroscience (EJN) is the official journal of FENS. FENS members have free access to EJN online and can enjoy a full, free and easy access to all published articles.
“We are extremely passionate about the European Journal of Neuroscience. EJN is your journal and our responsibility is to you. We enjoy interacting with the international neuroscience research community in taking EJN forward, with new publishing initiatives that help maintain and expand upon the scholarly standards of the journal, which is published on behalf of the Federation of European Neuroscience Societies (FENS).”
The Editorial Board
Edited by John Foxe from the University of Rochester (USA) and Yoland Smith from Emory University (USA) together with Senior Editors Antoine Adamandis (CH) and Paola Bovolenta (ES), EJN publishes original high-quality research articles and reviews on all fields of neuroscience. See the full Editorial Board on the EJN website.
In EJN, you will find Editorials, Meetings Reports, Neuro-Opinions, Registered Reports and Special Issues on hot topics in neuroscience research.
- EJN embraces Open Science, offering you the best publishing experience for your research: Open Access publishing option, Shared Data, Registered Reports and Transparent Peer Review.
- EJN helps authors by offering a rapid and easy submission process: we have no formatting requirements for submissions, and your article will be published online within a week of acceptance.
- EJN has no submission fees or page charges.
- EJN prides itself on providing constructive, fair, and considerate peer review – seen in our transparent peer review correspondence online at Publons. EJN Editors (Sections Editors, Senior Editors and EJN’s Editor in Chief) will all review your paper and support you to make the most impact with your research.
- EJN ensures your research is visible: EJN papers are downloaded close to 1 million times per year and continue to be cited years after they have been published.
- EJN supports fellow researchers: by publishing in the journal of FENS you will help support FENS activities, including training and schools, grants and stipends, meetings and advocacy work. FENS members have free access to EJN online.