European College of Neuropsychopharmacology (ECNP)
Status: Full Member Society
President: Dr Gitte Moos Knudsen
ECNP is committed to ensuring that advances in the understanding of brain function and human behaviour are translated into better treatments and enhanced public health.
To achieve its aims, ECNP organises a wide range of activities, programmes and events across Europe:
- The annual ECNP Congress, attended by 4,000-6,000 neuroscience researchers and clinical practitioners each year.
- Workshops, for (pre-)doctorates and residents.
- Schools, for early career scientists within 5 years of having received their qualification.
- Seminars, for focused interaction among early career scientists.
- New Frontiers Meetings, for cross-talk between researchers, industry and regulators on key future trends and frontier developments.
- The ECNP journal, European Neuropsychopharmacology
- Monthly e-news, Presdent´s message and articles.
- ECNP offers a wide variety of awards and grants designed to recognise and stimulate outstanding research in neuropsychopharmacology and related disciplines in Europe
Liaison with other key organisations in the field
To facilitate direct dialogues with other scientific bodies and indirect dialogues with the European Union Commissions, the European Parliament and the World Health Organization (WHO), as well as other decision-making bodies.