Neuroscience Ireland (NI) was established in 2005 as Ireland’s National Neuroscience Society, and is a registered charity in the Republic of Ireland (Charity number: CHY 18174).
The aim of the Society is to advance research and education in the neurosciences in Ireland, and to represent Irish neuroscience researchers both nationally and internationally. NI has a membership in the region of 200 scientists and clinicians, and represents Ireland on the Governing Council of the Federation of European Neuroscience Societies (FENS).
The biennial meeting of NI is held in September every second year, and serves as a multidisciplinary forum for knowledge and expertise sharing, thereby facilitating excellence in neuroscience research in Ireland.
In order to promote Irish neuroscience research at international meetings, NSI offers travel bursaries to its postgraduate or postdoctoral members. The promotion of education in the neurosciences including outreach to the general public is also a goal of NI, and is facilitated by public lectures and symposia.
Status: Full Member Society
President: Dr Karen Doyle
President Term: From 10/09/2021 to 09/09/2023
- Reduced registration fees for the NI Conference,
- Eligibiliy for poster/presentation prizes at the conference,
- Eligibility to apply for NI Travel Grants, Publication Prizes and Symposium Grants.
- Receive quarterly newsletter
Members of the NI are also automatically members of FENS. This entitles NI members to the following benefits:
- Access to the official FENS journal, EJN, online free of charge, and a subscription to the print edition at a reduced rate.
- Eligibility to apply for one of the free abstract slots for the SfN Meeting, linked to a reduced registration fee.
- Access to the SfN Online Platform, Neuronline.
- Subscription at discount rates to several leading neuroscience journals.
- Eligibility to buy books at special FENS member rates.
- Receipt of the FENS e-mailings (Job Market, EJN table of contents etc.).
Apply for FENS membership via this society
Visit this URL to submit your application: https://na.eventscloud.com/ereg/index.php?eventid=596839&